Stewe's Traktor setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

The livid base is INSANE! I love it! Do you use them for the remix decks?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBeat View Post
    The livid base is INSANE! I love it! Do you use them for the remix decks?
    I'm still in mapping stage for this controller and actually have one mode reserved for focus remix deck and slice to remix deck. I have double deck focus, beatjumps/slicer, mixer, loop rec, prep tool, browse, IG, slicer and unit selector already mapped and running. There's a psy gig next week when I'll give this mapping a go.

Also gonna make two simple track/remix deck mappings to release in wild before this ultimate should be ready.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I'm still in mapping stage for this controller and actually have one mode reserved for focus remix deck and slice to remix deck. I have double deck focus, beatjumps/slicer, mixer, loop rec, prep tool, browse, IG, slicer and unit selector already mapped and running. There's a psy gig next week when I'll give this mapping a go.

Also gonna make two simple track/remix deck mappings to release in wild before this ultimate should be ready.
    Man it seems dope dope dope!! It's so cool what you're doing! I really like it! I'd try to do it if I had the money to buy cool controllers... and to buy traktor xD. But everything will come along.

Is the livid's stuff good quality? I've been doing research on the OHMRGB Slim but I've read too many complains about it...

Man it seems dope dope dope!! It's so cool what you're doing! I really like it! I'd try to do it if I had the money to buy cool controllers... and to buy traktor xD. But everything will come along.
    Thanks for positive vibes LoveBeat. If youre a lovebeat a could definitely call myself a lovemap

Is the livid's stuff good quality? I've been doing research on the OHMRGB Slim but I've read too many complains about it...
    OHM RGB is their best sell product far as I know dude. Used by many professionals all over the world and proved. If they had any technical issues I'm sure it's nothing that support ticket can't take care of. Except for taking it for a swim
    Last edited by Stewe; 08-07-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for positive vibes LoveBeat. If youre a lovebeat a could definitely call myself a lovemap

OHM RGB is their best sell product far as I know dude. Used by many professionals all over the world and proved. If they had any technical issues I'm sure it's nothing that support ticket can't take care of. Except for taking it for a swim
    ohh, you're welcome! we need to keep the good vibes in the forum

I might be looking at the OHMRGB, I think it's a beast and I could use it for both DJing and production

last question!! xD How's that MM-1 treating you? One of the most cheap solutions I could find was MM-1 with PL-1 and DC-1 (mixer with deck control and fingerdrum), and then buy the Audio2DJ in order to get traktor, in order to make typical DJing, also with remix decks and stuff, then maybe map a modifier in the MM-1 in order to control in one page mixer functions and in the other FX controls...? (I think I need FX knobs, I couldn't work with Instant Gratification, at least for now... whatever). Do you like those CMD series controllers? good build quality? how are the original knobs and faders? (cause it would be a little bit hard to buy chroma caps from spain, shipping is EXPENSIVE) please tell me your experience with them thanks a loot man!

ohh, you're welcome! we need to keep the good vibes in the forum

I might be looking at the OHMRGB, I think it's a beast and I could use it for both DJing and production

last question!! xD How's that MM-1 treating you? One of the most cheap solutions I could find was MM-1 with PL-1 and DC-1 (mixer with deck control and fingerdrum), and then buy the Audio2DJ in order to get traktor, in order to make typical DJing, also with remix decks and stuff, then maybe map a modifier in the MM-1 in order to control in one page mixer functions and in the other FX controls...? (I think I need FX knobs, I couldn't work with Instant Gratification, at least for now... whatever). Do you like those CMD series controllers? good build quality? how are the original knobs and faders? (cause it would be a little bit hard to buy chroma caps from spain, shipping is EXPENSIVE) please tell me your experience with them thanks a loot man!
    The MM-1 is really nice. Faders are solid and that's most important for me, the rotary pots are made of plastic and feel a bit loosed but the buttons are great - I think this buttons will last for long time. I have an issue that my MM-1 seem to be picking some voltage from the USB once I unplug the DC from the unit (dimmed LED) so I need to unplug the USB as well to shut them off. Although, this is the pre-production model that I have and most likely and hopefuly this issue is not present in production units. As for original knobs, they are plastic with soft touch finish and fader caps are really nice - now with glow-in-dark faders on my MM-1 I took that original caps and placed them on CNTRL:R where they fit perfect. The body is also plastic and has thin metal plate finish on the top.

I'd say it's fear price for the quality you're getting with CMD controllers. If you're looking to finger drum I wouldn't suggest you to get DC-1 due the pads are clicky/hard to trigger and express yourself as easy as you could do using the MIDIfighter for fast finger drumming or beat juggling.. For just launching clips, samples and other transport controls DC-1 is good choice.

PL-1 is I like the most (check out my mappings link for the traktor mapping I'm using it with).

Tech Mentor

The MM-1 is really nice. Faders are solid and that's most important for me, the rotary pots are made of plastic and feel a bit loosed but the buttons are great - I think this buttons will last for long time. I have an issue that my MM-1 seem to be picking some voltage from the USB once I unplug the DC from the unit (dimmed LED) so I need to unplug the USB as well to shut them off. Although, this is the pre-production model that I have and most likely and hopefuly this issue is not present in production units. As for original knobs, they are plastic with soft touch finish and fader caps are really nice - now with glow-in-dark faders on my MM-1 I took that original caps and placed them on CNTRL:R where they fit perfect. The body is also plastic and has thin metal plate finish on the top.

I'd say it's fear price for the quality you're getting with CMD controllers. If you're looking to finger drum I wouldn't suggest you to get DC-1 due the pads are clicky/hard to trigger and express yourself as easy as you could do using the MIDIfighter for fast finger drumming or beat juggling.. For just launching clips, samples and other transport controls DC-1 is good choice.

PL-1 is I like the most (check out my mappings link for the traktor mapping I'm using it with).
    thx for the fast and incredibly good answer now it's time for me to work on my own and check what would fit me better, but I think that anyways I'll pick the MM-1, maybe also the PL-1 and the DC-1, but only maybe xD

A couple of new additions to the setup...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123