What to do to spice thing up?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default What to do to spice thing up?

Ok so im 18 and a little while back I decided to pick up DJing, and though of maybe picking up turntablism to seperate my self from the average joe schmo. If im to pursue this as a career i need to stand out with so much competition- I thought of getting a midi fighter to pull off something like this a couple times in a set:

What else would separate me from others? I wanna be real good and have that wow factor so i can turn this into a career- getting paid for what you would do for free- any help appreciated!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by de4thbyc4ke View Post
    so i can turn this into a career- getting paid for what you would do for free- any help appreciated!
    Really dude, I wanna say that you will never earn any money from it unless you 'LOVE DOING IT'... stop thinking about getting paid and start loving what you do.

If you "wanna be real good" then practice. If you wanna "have that wow factor" then practice. You will not get anywhere unless you practice and improve. Forget the gimmicks & the equipment. You are 18 and you have just started. You are not in any position to be thinking about fame. You need to learn about the music before you learn about the technology or figure out how to be famous.

No-one can tell you what will make you stand out, no-one. If there was a formula everyone would do it.

Learn - Practice - Appreciate - Grow.

Tech Wizard

Everything in that video is horrible, sorry for my honest opinion, but if that is your idea of "spicing things up", it is my idea of shitting things up lol.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJBife View Post
    Everything in that video is horrible, sorry for my honest opinion, but if that is your idea of "spicing things up", it is my idea of shitting things up lol.
    +1
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

all that he is doing in that vid is using a midi fighter, their are tons of devices out there that accomplish what he is doing... i recommend you do some research on the world of djing, and yes you need to love what you do inorder to actually be successful at it. especially with all the competition, your love for the music and the sounds that you make are what wil set you apart

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    If you "wanna be real good" then practice. If you wanna "have that wow factor" then practice. You will not get anywhere unless you practice and improve. Forget the gimmicks & the equipment. You are 18 and you have just started. You are not in any position to be thinking about fame. You need to learn about the music before you learn about the technology or figure out how to be famous.

No-one can tell you what will make you stand out, no-one. If there was a formula everyone would do it.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by DJBife View Post
    +1

What they both said... dead on!

Tech Mentor

I thought the cue point juggling was pretty cool!

1. no one wants to see you button mash on a MF in an avg club
    2. there are tons of DJs who just use turntables and mixer and make BANK because they have their own style they perfected
    3. if your mentality is about money, you will quickly burn out and lose any willpower to go one
    4. stop posting and go practice.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I thought DJTT had a rule that you had to respond/reply like 5 times in order to start your own thread....

If not, there should be a rule like that.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    I thought DJTT had a rule that you had to respond/reply like 5 times in order to start your own thread....
    This rule is only there to prevent spam. The 5 post rule also gives us 'volunteers' time to get around to approving them.
    A moderator can approve a post if it is clearly not spam... and I was on the forum when this thread was started, and it is clearly bona fidi.

Tech Guru

You're 18 now, so you hardly have any experience with clubbing. Go out and listen to what the DJ does and more importantly, how the public reacts. Noone will care if you use turntables and do "cool tricks" if you're not making them dance.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast