Amazing DJ Commentary [Lots of Cussing] - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Mixing on pancakes like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    It's pointless because there's no BENEFIT to it. All you can do is A-B mixing unless you're a turntablist, so you might as well just use a controller. Same deal with CDJs, they're just pointless now. If someone wants to carry on using them, then that's fine and that's their decision, but if they start banging on about how they're "real DJs" because they use Vinyl/CDJs, then they're full of shit.
    That makes no sense what so ever. Its like saying a kettle is pointless because you can boil water on the stove in a saucepan. You could say the same but the other way round... Whats the point in controllers they just allow you to play music, you might as well use turntables..... Just because you use a controller (like I do) doesn't make something else pointless. It just makes it something that YOU choose not to use.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Guru

I buy a bunch of vinyl only releases. There is a solid benefit to playing an actual record on a turntable and not a controller.

"A-B mixing" seems to be the new catchcry for the fuckheads around here.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    I buy a bunch of vinyl only releases. There is a solid benefit to playing an actual record on a turntable and not a controller.

"A-B mixing" seems to be the new catchcry for the fuckheads around here.
    A-B mixing intended as : playing a whole track, mixing, playing another whole track, and so on and so on.

If you see benefit in vinyl, well, that's your thing. Does it have a different feeling than loading a track from a folder? fuck yeah! Going to the record store, taking your time to carefully select your records, digging in the vinyl crate, feeling something in your hands, preparing the disc, lowering the needle. Yes, it's definitely more tactile than browsing with a knob and pressing a button to load .

But what bugs me (and the guy in the video) is that many believe people who spin wax should be given more respect a priori.
    Should bl3nd be given more respect than AZ since he mixes with vinyl?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

I would be surprised if Dj blend even owns a non time code record.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    I would be surprised if Dj blend even owns a non time code record.
    Ok you have a point..
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    It's pointless because there's no BENEFIT to it. All you can do is A-B mixing unless you're a turntablist, so you might as well just use a controller. Same deal with CDJs, they're just pointless now. If someone wants to carry on using them, then that's fine and that's their decision, but if they start banging on about how they're "real DJs" because they use Vinyl/CDJs, then they're full of shit.
    you are pointless

the guy summed it up nicely: 'shut the fuck up and go with the masses'

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    A-B mixing intended as : playing a whole track, mixing, playing another whole track, and so on and so on.

If you see benefit in vinyl, well, that's your thing. Does it have a different feeling than loading a track from a folder? fuck yeah! Going to the record store, taking your time to carefully select your records, digging in the vinyl crate, feeling something in your hands, preparing the disc, lowering the needle. Yes, it's definitely more tactile than browsing with a knob and pressing a button to load .

But what bugs me (and the guy in the video) is that many believe people who spin wax should be given more respect a priori.
    Should bl3nd be given more respect than AZ since he mixes with vinyl?
    that's not mixing

Tech Mentor

So many antagonistic people on here

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    that's not mixing
    It is.
    Load next song in your preprepared playlist, Press sync, wait for final breakdown and crossfade to the other track.
    Last edited by Polygon; 05-05-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast