What are some cheap turntables?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default What are some cheap turntables?

hi i own an s4 and i would like to buy 2 cheap turntables in order to have vinyl kontrol in traktor. What are ur recommendations?

Tech Guru
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Citronic

Tech Mentor

Kam

Tech Mentor

whats cheap?

Tech Mentor

Technics 1210's!!! Buy them 2nd hand. They are built like tanks. Even if you get some bad ones just get another 2nd hand pair and strip them for pairs to make a good pair.

Default Cheap TT

While the obvious answer you're going to get from anyone is a pair of Technics (rightfully so, they kick all sorts of ass), its maybe a bit overkill in terms of cost for someone adding vinyl control to Traktor.

My first pair of turntables were a set of Stanton STR8-80's, but they are thin on the ground now. If you could find a pair, they are built very well and I picked mine up used for $150 per.

As far as the truly "cheap" stuff goes, there was a point where I was using a pair of Stanton T.62's. They can be had for $100-150 a piece used or $200 new, hold pitch well, and stood up surprisingly well to abuse. Used them constantly for 2 years before one got beer spilled all over it at a show and lunched itself. The other one is still going strong as my backup turntable. Of course they are missing some features that folks might consider "essential" (adjustable tone arm height for example), they're a solid choice for a budget turntable. I've also seen that they've introduced a T.62B, a belt drive version of the same deck, so make sure that what you're looking at is the direct drive version.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,

Anders

Tech Convert

I will go for SL 1300 MK 6!!! It's accurate, reliable and durable...

Thank you for your message, and look forward to your updated again

Tech Convert

If you can, go for vestax pdx 2000's solid build, reliable and direct drive. I don't think they come new, find em second hand for around $150 each. Otherwise go for something newer, like Redblock says, stanton's are good to go for starting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast