Vestax VCI-300 - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vestax VCI-300

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    Just to put this out there- we are going to be running a very special promo soon that might just possibly involve giving away a vci-300.
    OMG. Thats awesome. :eek:
    Last edited by frosse; 05-08-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    Just to put this out there- we are going to be running a very special promo soon that might just possibly involve giving away a vci-300.
    Woot woot promos are allways fun !

Tech Wizard

A bit of new info regarding VCI-300/ITCH:

- Serato says release June 2008 @ their site

- Vestax has updated their site with hardware and ITCH software specs:
    VCI-300
    USB Port (Bus powered)
    MIC INPUT x 1
    AUX INPUT:RCA x 2
    HEADPHONES OUT x 1
    MASTER OUT:PHONE x 2, RCA x 2
    INPUT FADER CURVE CONTROL x 1
    CROSS FADER CURVE CONTROL x 1
    DIMENTIONS : 410(W)x43(H)x275(D) (Excluding knob height)
    WEIGHT : 3.2kg
    ADAPTOR (OPTION) : DC-9V 500mA
    ITCH
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Macintosh
    CPU : G4 1.5GHz or better
    RAM : 1GB
    Available USB Port

Windows XP
    CPU : Pentium 4 mobile 2GHz or better
    Available USB Port

Windows Vista
    CPU : Core Duo 1.6GHz or better
    Available USB Port

Please note
    The above is minimum requirement to run ITCH. We recommend you use a higher spec computer where possible. If you have a particularly large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.
    Windows Vista 64 bit not supported, if you are purchasing a Vista machine for ITCH, please ensure it has Windows Vista 32 bit installed.
    We're getting closer and closer.

Plus Serato/Vestax has a new screenshot of ITCH. (links above)

Tech Wizard

Obviously I know absolutely nothing about the functionality of Serato's ITCH software...but to me the G.U.I. looks terrible.

It looks like the graphical lead on the project may have liked his glowing black Windows 98 theme a bit to much.

I'm all for simplicity, but that screenshot of ITCH makes it seem like a backward step compared to Traktor. What is the supposed benefits of ITCH? Has it got a more advanced BPM algorithm or something?
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    I'm all for simplicity, but that screenshot of ITCH makes it seem like a backward step compared to Traktor. What is the supposed benefits of ITCH? Has it got a more advanced BPM algorithm or something?
    The reason they made ITCH was to remove everything that could be handled on the hardware unit from ITCH and just keep the basic most vital stuff. Like why have loop buttons in a software (traktor) when they're already on the hardware. Serato's idea was to make djs look more at the hardware and less at the software. ITCH carries everything vital that you need, the rest is gone

But then again Traktor has a lot of effects so of course there are more buttons, ITCH carries no such features.

Thats the real purpose of ITCH, so I've been told atleast.

Tech Wizard

if I would like to Djing with Traktor, which one is better?? vci-100 or vci-300??

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djkenkenhk View Post
    if I would like to Djing with Traktor, which one is better?? vci-100 or vci-300??
    I believe the better choice would be the VCI-100, since the VCI-300 is pretty much tailored for use with Serato ITCH.

Tech Wizard

I m so confuse, cause I don't know which one i should buy, Ean..what do u think??

Tech Mentor

I'd go with the VCI-100 *easily* based on price alone. I'm also sorta shocked that hardly anyone has been talking about the 300's real advantage (IMO) - the 14-bit MIDI. Seriously, one of the biggest things holding me back is how poor the resolution is on any fader in regular MIDI. I mean usually it's all good, but when you're trying to beatmatch a track at 124.2 BPM, and your fader steps from 124.1 to 124.3 (yes, at 8%), you start to question your $400 investment.

Hopefully the 300 spurs a MIDI revolution, in the sense that we upgrade to something a little less archaic MIDI works, but it certainly has its limitations. Get to work, hackers!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast