Jog/CDJ function

Default Jog/CDJ function

I'm stumped with the Jog changes in Ean's article: http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/07/2...#comment-10358

I add the Deck Scratch/CD-DJ Jogg function to my MIDI page; delete the other [standard tks.] Deck Scratch functions; use MIDI Learn on the Deck Scratch/CD-DJ Jogg function - This is as much as I though I had to do to gain the function. But, when I touch the sensor now, the 'needle' just hops back and forth by about a second.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong are appreciated.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Set the input type to rotary, its presently probably on "Type : Analogue Fader / Knob "

'Fraid not. I had all the settings as they were in the snapshot that Ean provided [with the exception of my MIDI note obviously]

If I am reading the steps right, I need to:

1) [I assume] Delete any of the pre existing Deck Scratch MIDI assignments.

2) Add the Deck Scratch/CD-DJ Jogg assignment, turn on MIDI Learn and touch the 'scratch' area of the Jog wheel.

3)Change my settings to match Eans [Focus the deck, set as rotary etc.

This is what I am doing so far and I am not getting the effects described, which I take to be:
    When track is not playing - You can jog through it as though 'vinyl' mode were off.
    When track is playing - you can pitch bend.

I just know there's a little switch or option sitting in the MIDI pages laughing at my amateur MIDI incompetence.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

You cant just touch it, you actually need to move it, start scratching with one of the jogs then hit the midi learn button, then again hit the midi learn off before you finish scratching. Then take your hand off the jog, otherwise you have assigned the deck move to the note on/nofe off that tells traktor when you put your hand on and off the device, which you most defiantly dont want.