Midi fighter spectra remix decks

Default Midi fighter spectra remix decks

I have a midi fighter spectra and am trying to use the remix decks in traktor 2.6. I switched the firmware to remix deck-osx in the midi fighter utility. I assigned an hid toggle. It switches to hid mode, but no leds are flashing, and i don't get any response when loading traktor, no cursor either. I have a remix deck set. Am i missing something?

You also have to map the individual controls for the remix deck for control/lighting etc. The firmware switch just makes it so your Spectra is able to act as the F1, now you have to map it (or try a mapping that has it already).

Try deleting the default F1 mapping and then disconnect/reconnect the Spectra.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Do you have latest firmware updated?

Firmware is up to date. I have the 6 side key remix functions set. when i get into traktor my effects mapping is working, but when i hit the hid toggle, no led cursor flashes, and i have no control. And i'm using a mac so do i need the f1 mapping??

Flashing the alternate firmware doesn't map Traktor for you, it makes it so the Spectra is ready to control the remix decks. You still have to have the mapping in Traktor for the controls. If you don't want to do the mapping manually for it, you could take a look at the mappings already contributed. I've tried beaubrytes and it works like a dream controlling the remix decks.

Tech Wizard

Hey I'm confused about this too. These are the steps I have done

1. Import Beaubrytes mapping in the midi fighter utility
    2. Flash remix deck firmware in midi fighter utility
    3. Open traktor and import the .tsi of Beaubrytes mapping (twice)

Now when I push the dedicated HID button all the lights on the midi fighter turn off and I have no control over the remix decks. If I push it again it goes right back to working flawlessly on Beaubrytes effects mapping. I have also done the same with the deck grat mapping but making my own HID button out of one of the side buttons and I get the same result so I know its something im doing wrong.

Is there some sort of setting I am missing?

Thanks guys

EDIT: I figured it out finally!! Turns out I did not have controller editor installed (didnt think I needed it). Just open controller editor before running traktor and you will get the blinking led indicator for the remix decks control
    Last edited by lemeiux1; 06-14-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Default Same Problem

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am encountering the same exact problem. Thank you for updating your post, but unfortunately, opening the controller editor before Traktor did not solve the problem for me. I already had it installed, and tried creating a F1 mapping for the Midi Fighter 3D, but was not getting a response on the controller editor either.

Any other insight into this problem? What LED blinking do you see?

Thanks!!

Default Help

I have this issue and I'm running windows 8.1 Pro with traktor pro 2 and whatnot.
    Using a spectra.
    updated everything and go into traktor
    hit the button and there's supposed to be a cursor for me to select the remix deck and it's not there.
    None of the above advice works.
    BTW you don't need a mapping to use remix decks. And you definitely don't need to set lights and settings in mfu for it to work either besides loading the Win/osx remix deck firmware on it and start using it.