Denon MC-6000 + Midi Fighter 3D Newbie
    Tech Wizard

Default Denon MC-6000 + Midi Fighter 3D Newbie

G'day,
    After using Virtual DJ for years I have made the change to Traktor... but let's not get into that Software war!

Anyway I have a MC-6000 which I love and just ordered a midi-fighter 3D (thanks Ean and crew for stocking them in Australian stores!) which I hope will arrive soon. In preparation I have started working on what I want my own mapping to do. Being new to all this I was hoping for some generic answers/feedback because there is no point in re-inventing the wheel. (I wonder if anyone actually did re-invent the wheel... probably a question for another board)

So my ultimate outcome which, I believe, works with my style is to have the MC-6000 control decks A & B which I use for my "main music" and have the MF3D control decks C & D which I basically use for acapellas and samples. At this stage I am not ready for the remix decks but I hope to get into that at some stage.

So let me start with the simplest question.. is it possible to take parts of other mappings and combine them into 1?. My thoughts are to use the 2 "outside" bank buttons to select decks C & D respectively. That would give me 16 cues on each deck.. more than enough at this stage.

I was thinking that then I could use the "middle" bank buttons for something like instant gratification and something else to be decided.

The "side" buttons I would then use as pitch control when using samples and acapellas. I.E "top button" slows, "bottom button" speeds up and "middle button" resets the tempo. So the query here is are the "side" buttons affected by the bank buttons?

Now, of course, if someone already has a mapping that does this or similar, I would be more than happy to give it a go.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and, most likely, decode what I am saying. Just in case you couldn't pick it, I am a tad excited about finally getting things set up the way I want them.

DjCoops

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djcoops75 View Post
    is it possible to take parts of other mappings and combine them into 1?
    That's totally possible if you're a mapping wizard.

My thoughts are to use the 2 "outside" bank buttons to select decks C & D respectively. That would give me 16 cues on each deck.. more than enough at this stage.
    True. you can store up to 32 cues (I think) in one track. However, you can map only first eight of them to trigger 'em directly and to access other cue points using previous/next hotcue command. For your personal preference I think mapping eight cues for deck C and D each in single bank should be your goal.

I was thinking that then I could use the "middle" bank buttons for something like instant gratification and something else to be decided.
    If you end up doing this I suggest you to visit 'Ultimate FX Thread' in controller mappings forum to get all the parameters for mapping.

The "side" buttons I would then use as pitch control when using samples and acapellas. I.E "top button" slows, "bottom button" speeds up and "middle button" resets the tempo. So the query here is are the "side" buttons affected by the bank buttons?
    You can set any of four side buttons to select/switch Midifighter banks and set other two side buttons to send normal MIDI note massages and map your tempo or anything else.

Tech Wizard

Default Time to review my abilities Vs my beliefs!

Based on the first response I have received I think I might have got my abilities with Traktor and my "dreams" a little confused.

1. Combining other peoples mappings into 1 - A mapping wizard I definitely am not! So possibly find the closest one to what I want and tweak?

2. 32 cues per track... Who was I kidding; that's for the experienced controllerist - not me! 8 cues should be more than enough.

3. Ultimate FX Thread makes me feel nervous to say the least.. refer to point 1 DjCoops!

4. "Side Buttons" to control tempo... By being realistic and using 8 cues, I would have plenty of buttons to use for tempo changes. Refer to point 1 again DjCoops!

Stewe - thanks for your honesty and assistance. With a decent dose of reality I should be on my way to something I can actually use. It's awesome to get real feedback rather than a session of chest beating so thanks mate!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You're welcome!

Kind of mapping you're looking would be like 30 minutes to build because I got all kind of mappings in my toolbox. Just takes a bit re-mapping and editing and, I'll probably create such mapping for the Spectra because I plan to release a series of mappings for that guy (noob to master). Now I don't have 3D to share it for ya right away but DJTT will release the new firmware for 3D and all the Spectra mappings will work on 3D as well!

Stay tuned,

The mc6000 is a pain to map, I have one, it works fine by itself, when you try to alter the denon mapping to make way for other controllers, it doesn't play nice.

I've not had any problems remapping the MC6000. Admittedly the mapping file is absolutely huge because of all the different functions is has, but once you work out what the different commands in the mapping screen mean it's not that hard.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Firstly, thanks to everyone for their assistance so far.
    @ Stewe - If you need a noob I am happy to be it!
    @Von Royale & RobDQuick - I think it's a while before I try re-mapping the MC6000 but will let you know how I go.
    So, today's project is to to find a mapping that does what I want and then edit to suit MF3D if needed.
    Thanks again,
    Coops