Speaker dock / ultra portable speaker system.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Speaker dock / ultra portable speaker system.

Hi all,

I'm after a new speaker dock for my phone and tablet. Hopefully bluetooth but doesnt have to be. Most important is that its compact but gives a real kick.

I did have a Klipsche iGroove HG but its a but rubbish now as its the old 30 pin adapter with the OOOLLDD switched cables so that it doesn't charge anything any more.

Can anyone recommend a more upto date dock that kicks out a real decent sound but isn't too heavy or big.

Many thanks all
    MMM
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

No? Something for the garden... sunny days....anyone?

Tech Wizard

Best Investment I've ever spent http://www.roland.com/products/en/BA-330/

Quote Originally Posted by Hylfe View Post
    Best Investment I've ever spent http://www.roland.com/products/en/BA-330/
    eight AA batteries?

doesn't make sense? my 6 watt speaker eats 6 AA's in 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    I have this at home. And it was a great great investment. The bose is heavily overpriced for what it offers, but it's louder with the battery alone, and the battery lasts a lot longer than the logi.
    The logi has an advertised battery life of 7 hours, truth is you can pump it full volume for about 45mins and then it automatically trims the volume to a pretty low level, so that's not great.
    However, when it's connected to the mains, this thing kicks!
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Many thanks all.

The Roland is a bit expensive for what I'm after but looks very interesting

I think I'll keep my eyes peeled for one of them logitechs. Does it kick out a decent amount of low ends for its size?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Many thanks all.

The Roland is a bit expensive for what I'm after but looks very interesting

I think I'll keep my eyes peeled for one of them logitechs. Does it kick out a decent amount of low ends for its size?
    It's not as powerful as the bose when in battery mode, when connected it kicks out a fair amount of bass, thing is, it's bloody defined and balanced for such a small device.. The highs are smooth and pretty darn separated (real silk dome tweeters vs paper cone fullrange drivers in the bose). I tell ya, i was pretty disappointed with the battery on the thing, but the sound quality trumps it all.

If you want bass i'd suggest to look at the monster beatbox portable. That thing kicks some serious butt in the bass department.
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

I'm not fussed about battery really. I'm used to plugging my dock in. Have you ever heard the Klipsch igroove hg? That's what I'm replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    I'm not fussed about battery really. I'm used to plugging my dock in. Have you ever heard the Klipsch igroove hg? That's what I'm replacing.
    Well i never heard it personally, but judging by the dimensions of the drivers, you're looking at approx. the same volume with the 2 units. Also, the klipsch will probably give a little more weight in the bass department, since it's ported and doesn't use passive rads as the 715i does, but the 715i will be tighter sounding.

If you're looking for sheer power without a battery then i'd really go with something by soundfreaq..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast