Festivals, from the other side...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Festivals, from the other side...

So my city is currently hosting a four-day rock festival...

http://bottlerocknapavalley.com/lineup

...and it's literally across the street from my house!

For the second day now I'm chillin' in my yard, drinking a beer and watching as THOUSANDS of people walk past my house into the event. Not to mention the amount of extra people out partying in our town! Absolutely crazy!

I'll be off in a few hours to spin my second of five after-parties this weekend!

Has anyone else here had any huge festivals descend on their home? We are a tourist town, but we've never had to deal with 30,000 people at once before.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

very cool, have fun man!
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Id be settin up the gear on my porch and inviting the crew over for a mini festival block party. lol
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Id be settin up the gear on my porch and inviting the crew over for a mini festival block party. lol
    This!

And sell moonshine on the cheap!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    Has anyone else here had any huge festivals descend on their home?
    Yep, i had the Heineken Jammin Festival for 5 years (2007-2011) about a kilometer from home. It was a massive, 3-day festival, almost 70k people a day. Crazy times...

Huge names, also, the police, pearl jam, linkin park, coldplay, sex pistols, 30 seconds to mars, cypress hill, black eyed peas, and so on and so forth..
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Update: Bad Religion is playing in my front yard. Oh. Fuck. Yes.

My after-parties have been pretty chill so far, got to meet artists Chuck Sperry and Zoltron!

Oh, and soundcheck wakes me up at 9:30 every morning.
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-11-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Guru

I live very close to where the Glastonbury Festival is held, so (almost) every year 125K+ revellers descend on a corner of Somerset, not including the artists and people working there.

It is always amuses me, people who haven't got any idea about country side life visit from more urban areas and try to 'act' the part i.e. wellies (which haven't seen mud ever in their lifetime), drink cider (yeah, coz that's all we drink down here isn't it?! ; ) and bang on about how they love the countryside, but haven't got a clue about how it is run/managed.

Any way I'm going again this year, it is an awesome festival
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Mentor

Roskilde festival here in Denmark isn't too far away from me. It peaks at around 80k people. Last year when Bruce Springsteen played it was packed. Could be heard 15 km away
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    So my city is currently hosting a four-day rock festival...

http://bottlerocknapavalley.com/lineup

...and it's literally across the street from my house!

For the second day now I'm chillin' in my yard, drinking a beer and watching as THOUSANDS of people walk past my house into the event. Not to mention the amount of extra people out partying in our town! Absolutely crazy!

I'll be off in a few hours to spin my second of five after-parties this weekend!

Has anyone else here had any huge festivals descend on their home? We are a tourist town, but we've never had to deal with 30,000 people at once before.
    I won 4 day VIP passes to BottleRock on Wednesday afternoon. I was stoked until I found out it started Wednesday night, fuck. I tried to sort things out so I can make it up there by Friday with no luck. I'm still bummed about it. The stand up comedy alone would have been worth the 6 hour drive from SoCal but seeing Violent Femmes, X, The Shins, Primus... arrrrg, I'm still pissed. Being a responsible adult really sucks sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast