How do I use Mixlr with an external mixer?

Default How do I use Mixlr with an external mixer?

I've got a xone:22, kontrol x1 and an Audio2.

I have my headphones plugged into the mixer for monitoring, and the audio2 runs from my laptop, into the mixer, then out each deck into my own speakers (master).

Is there ANY way to also send the master to mixlr? If I select Audio 2, I cannot select Soundflower also or anything like that.

I notice there is a "record" output on the back of my mixer, can I run that into my laptops headphone jack (mic?) to broadcast?

The only option that works at all is using my macbooks mic, and that totally defeats the purpose because that will indefinitely sound like shit.

Any suggestions?

use the record out plug it into to headphone jack of your macbook. switch it to line in and you are good to go!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

How do I switch to line in? Is this an option within the mixlr app? or on the macbook itself?

Tech Mentor

Instructions here >>> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3625?v...S&locale=en_US

This is not possible on some of the newer Macbook Pros such as mine if the option isn't there then its not possible.

Apple Symbol ---> System Preferences ---> Sound
    There is an option down at the bottom for "Use Audio Port For:" and it normally is on "output" but there should be an option to set it to "input".

As the guy said above me, some don't have that option, and in that case you'd need /another/ soundcard for recording/input purposes. But that is how I do it.

Nice thing about that you can send information out to mixly, and record in a seperate audio application at the same time.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter