[Hip Hop / Trap / Glitch / Breaks] Seeking feedback on live mix

Default Seeking feedback on live mix

Hi all- would really appreciate to get some feedback from any and all of you-- I don't know any local DJs and the feedback I've gotten from friends hasn't been really helpful (ie. 'i like it' or 'oh.. do you have any 2 chainz'). Would love to push myself to the next level but am really struggling to break into bigger markets (like Portland or Seattle) and would really appreciate anything you might have to offer in the way of feedback/advice/etc.

Thank you!

-John
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.

I enjoyed it. Not my genres really, but I liked the variety. A track listing in your post(is a must do) or on soundcloud, would have been nice. Check your levels. The bit at the end was louder than the rest of the mix. Or, some mastering would fix it. Just don't ask me about mastering, lol. I'm still in 1st grade with that subject.

Thanks for the tips! Will definitely take what you've said into consideration-- hadn't really thought of mastering a live mix before but definitely makes sense. Listening back, I can tell what you mean. Not really consistent volume from track to track. All I ever do is watch the main out and try to keep it just under the red.. Not sure what everyone else does but I'll definitely look into it. Much appreciated!

John