A series of Facebook reactions to the new Daft Punk Album
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A series of Facebook reactions to the new Daft Punk Album

I wouldn't in anyway go so far as to call this a review. It's re-ordered so you don't have to read it backwards.

59 minutes ago near Columbus

Ok, back to this Daft Punk Album - which is annoying the b@lls off me. In places it's generic, lazy and self-indulgent and then just as you go to stop it: HOLY SH1TB@LLS that was fantastic! Rinse and repeat. Grrrrr....

50 minutes ago near Columbus

Dear Daft Punk,

My notes so far:

1. I don't like anything with a vocoder - it's wank - stop using it.
    2. Those horrible guitars made me hate you last time - know it can make me hate you again.
    3. Adding a voice-over track from a famous synth god is great - IF I WANTED TO LISTEN TO A F&CKING DOCUMENTARY!
    4. Yes your key changes and arpeggios are well placed but if I didn't know it was Daft Punk I'd just assume that it was some knock off bargain bin Walmart chill-out complication.
    5. Putting big orchestral strings in a track is a cheap trick - it's like putting boobs in a movie: that bit might be great but doesn't mean the rest of it is any good.

45 minutes ago near Columbus

The Pharrell track was pretty good.

41 minutes ago near Columbus

Oh you French electronic molesters - Paul Williams? Really? Paul bloody Williams? WTF were you thinking? D- back of the class. PANTS. Muppets.

40 minutes ago near Columbus

Don't try and win me back with the strings at the back end (so to speak).

35 minutes ago near Columbus

Pharrell: Mate, how much did they force you to dial back your talent? For God's sake - don't let Bangalter ever get hold of the Despicable Me sound track...

30 minutes ago near Columbus

I think this album would be worth an extra $1.50 on top of the current retail price if they'd just remove the annoying throwback synth noodlings and other fill -ins from albums past. Oh, and in case I haven't mentioned it, ENOUGH WITH THE VOCODER!

24 minutes ago near Columbus

According to the track-listing I'm at Motherboard: This track needs re-examining on some proper headphones later.

22 minutes ago near Columbus

Motherboard: hands-down the best track on the album so far.

21 minutes ago near Columbus

followed by some Wham - Club Tropicana BS.
    - I shouldn't say BS - Club Tropicana was a fine record.
19 minutes ago · Like

17 minutes ago near Columbus

#43 with excessive noodling please. Actually, no. I changed my mind - I'll just have a biscuit.

16 minutes ago near Columbus

Ok, I take back a little of what I said about the Vocoder. "Doing it right" is a suitable application for this. Now, don't take liberties..... As you were.

12 minutes ago near Columbus

OK, last track - here's hoping it's not a rework of "Living in Electric Dreams"

10 minutes ago near Columbus

Those drums are as my son will no doubt start saying at some point, "dope."

10 minutes ago near Columbus

Oh!

8 minutes ago near Columbus

That's some big noise from the French boys.

4 minutes ago near Columbus

Final verdict: 5/5 and 2/5.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Wizard

just listening now. first track was underwelming. 2nd hasn't started well either...

So you're saying it wasn't a good album? :s I don't get the point of this useless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    So you're saying it wasn't a good album? :s I don't get the point of this useless thread.
    Was, is or will be?
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    Have a listen to to the album on Itunes Preview and re-read this useless thread as you do it.

Sounds like a bunch of over-thinking whilst hearing the album, not listening.

Okay, started listening to it... my first reaction is: What the fuck is this shit?

EDIT: Have to skip past the first track after 40 seconds, it's too painful to listen to.

EDIT2: Game of Love is interesting, but it's sure as fuck not Dance, Pop, or anything even remotely similar to it. It's basically a 70s ballad. Not my cup of tea tbh, and they've completely screwed up the EQing on the vocals; they seem almost entirely confined to the mids, which is just... wrong.

EDIT3: Well, that settles it... only one good track on the album; makes it kinda obvious why they used Get Lucky for the pre-launch hype. I can see Fragments of Time charting as well, but that's about it.

Personally, I'm still pissed off they got the credit for the Tron soundtrack, since it was Joseph Trapanese who actually wrote it. If you haven't heard his Daft Punk-untainted work, listen to this:

Last edited by mdcdesign; 05-14-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Have a listen to to the album on Itunes Preview and re-read this useless thread as you do it.
    Posted with such restraint.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    my first reaction is: What the fuck is this shit?
    Have to skip past the first track after 40 seconds, it's too painful to listen to
    but it's sure as fuck not Dance, Pop, or anything even remotely similar to it
    Not my cup of tea tbh
    only one good track on the album
    I concur, except I still haven't heard the one good track.
    356 reasons why

There's one amazing track on it - it just needs to be stitched together from 3 or 4 of the other tracks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast