Why so much focus on the VCI-100, what about everything else?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why so much focus on the VCI-100, what about everything else?

I can imagine that there is a thread like this already posted, if so, I apologize but the search function is not working for me.

Im going through the threads since I can search and all im finding is threads on the VCI-100 and traktor. Can you enthusiasts school me in on why this combination is so heavily focused on and not on other software/hardware out there?

this site is kinda dedicated to those two things. There are posts on other hardware and software here but mainly VCI and traktor. There are other sites out there dedicated to serato, pcdj, ect...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This site is dedicated to digital DJing. There are a lot of people here who don't use the VCI or Traktor.

A lot of us think that the VCI is one of the best accessible MIDI controllers on the market right now, and Traktor is the best DJ platform. There are posts around here a host of other controllers, and we have users of almost every DJ platform.

It is nice to find a place, however, where I'm not getting told that Serato is the best thing ever and everyone should use a mac all the god damned time.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ean Golden has kinda made the VCI 100 his instrument and hes THE man around here so theres a 'kinda' lean towards the VCI because Ean does crazy shit with them. I think there is a 'perception' that DJTTs is mainly about the VCI 100, its wrong but you can see why that perception exists.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    It is nice to find a place, however, where I'm not getting told that Serato is the best thing ever and everyone should use a mac all the god damned time.
    Amen to that brother.

The thing that makes me come here is that people use all sorts of hardware and software and no-one slings and shit around.
    Its all about the end product , DJing Digitally .

Then I think im in the right place, im just looking for a forum that covers controllerism (i have a VCI-300) and are filled with knowledgeable enthusiasts who dont reply with ignorant comments. Im asking the question because Im new to this scene but digital DJing is a category with a plethora of sections within. Im just curious why Traktor/VCI-100... perhaps I may get my hands on them once I learn the capabilities of them... thanks for the responses...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cullen61918 View Post
    im just looking for a forum that covers controllerism
    You just found it bro.

filled with knowledgeable enthusiasts who dont reply with ignorant comments.
    yeah, you've arrived. this is possibly one of the only forums i can ask a question and not get flamebannedwithawarhammer by everyone trying to jerk their egos off on how they're the alpha dog. a lot of nice people around here, it's a relief with the proliferation of boards that foster elitism.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The only thing we ask is you use the search function and read the FAQ for each forum.

But even if you don't you still get helped, and pointed in the right direction
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    The only thing we ask is you use the search function and read the FAQ for each forum.

But even if you don't you still get helped, and pointed in the right direction
    ive gone through it, but im having problems with the search... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

ive gone through it, but im having problems with the search... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
    The search function doesnt allow searches of 3 letters or less, if you want to search 3 letter words then i recommend using this google search string.

"Site:www.djtechtools.com/forum VCI-300"

You can replace VCI-300 with any other search you wish

Or maybe this isnt your problem ? Feel free to PM me if it isnt so i can look into the issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast