DJing a set/line-up with multiple DJs

Default DJing a set/line-up with multiple DJs

Hey,

Been asked to join several line-ups of DJs in some shows in my area. Ive only really done sets on my own/clubs, except for DJing a few basement/underground events. This is gonna be the first time i've been invited.

Anyways, how do you guys who have experience DJing in line-ups go about song selection. I'll be opening for one of my FAV producers, Branchez (he's awesome, check out his soundcloud).

Anyways... i know the "rules" to opening. I understand how to throw a set together to set the mood as an opener, I get all that. Dont play the headliners songs, and don't over-hype the crowd before the headliner. The thing is, theres multiple openers... so have you guys gotten together with people to make sure you guys dont include the same song in eachothers sets? Or do you just go and do your thing?
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    Hey,

Been asked to join several line-ups of DJs in some shows in my area. Ive only really done sets on my own/clubs, except for DJing a few basement/underground events. This is gonna be the first time i've been invited.

Anyways, how do you guys who have experience DJing in line-ups go about song selection. I'll be opening for one of my FAV producers, Branchez (he's awesome, check out his soundcloud).

Anyways... i know the "rules" to opening. I understand how to throw a set together to set the mood as an opener, I get all that. Dont play the headliners songs, and don't over-hype the crowd before the headliner. The thing is, theres multiple openers... so have you guys gotten together with people to make sure you guys dont include the same song in eachothers sets? Or do you just go and do your thing?
    I guess its difficult to come up with a google document which many end up forcing u to make a set list. Im' sure there will be some songs you know that no one else will play. While there will also be some more mainstream ones. Perhaps list those in a document to avoid them being played twice.