Help: How do you stop/block a MIDI signal?
    Tech Student

Default Help: How do you stop/block a MIDI signal?

Hi guys, does anyone know how to stop or block a midi signal?

I just bought a used Behringer UMX25 and when I tried to map it, it kept sending a midi signal (CC 07) making it impossible to map the other keys/buttons. I tried it on traktor then ableton but still the same thing. The button itself does not have any visible damages. I have the option of sending it back and getting my money back, but wanted to ask here if there's a program that i can use to block that channel alone, so i can map the other knobs/keys, buttons.

Thanks in advance guys.

long time lurker, first time poster

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Student

Thanks Patch!

Do you have an idea if the Classic version will suffice or do I have to get Pro? Considering that Pro costs more than what I paid for the controller, I'll opt to return the unit instead.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Is signal constant an how do you know it's a button? Ether way you can remove that control or replace with a new one or to figure out MIDI diagram and map the whole thing manually in traktor.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Is signal constant an how do you know it's a button? Ether way you can remove that control or replace with a new one or to figure out MIDI diagram and map the whole thing manually in traktor.
    It's not a constant signal, more of consistent, about 3-5 times a second. Every time I click on "learn" in Traktor's midi assignment window, it automatically appears there (cc 07) and assigns to whatever I want to map even if I haven't clicked on any control yet. I checked the channel assignments printed on the keyboard and it corresponds to a specific button.

Physically removing the control might not be possible since all the buttons are mounted on a single long board. I'll give Bomes classic a try and see how it goes, otherwise, I'll just return the unit. Thanks for the help guys.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    The signal isn't constant, more of consistent, about 3-5 times a second. I checked what was printed on the keyboard and the signal (cc 07) matches that of what was assigned to one button. I've returned it and got my money back. Appreciate the assistance guys.

(I know i replied to this yesterday, I must have forgotten to post it.)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Probably the best thing to do. Good luck.