Audio Interface Question
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio Interface Question

Hello.

I have a Traktor S4 but the built-in soundcard is not Windows compatible (latency issues and yes I've tried all the tweaks), that is why I'm looking at an external sound card or audio interface (same thing?).

What do you recommend and advise?

I've heard the Maya 44 USB isn't that great, and there is a Native Instruments thing for basically the same price but I'm worried it is the same as the S4's built-in soundcard.
    What else is there?

Thanks!

There must be an issue with the machine you are running traktor on as the s4 certainly is Windows compatable. What version of Windows are u using?

Tech Wizard

No - a lot of users have latency issues. Despite trying all the fixes for this not everyone succeeds.

Tech Wizard

I think it's much more likely that you're having Windows issues, and the latency you're seeing would appear regardless of which interface you use. The S4 and the interface it contains are 100% Windows compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    I think it's much more likely that you're having Windows issues, and the latency you're seeing would appear regardless of which interface you use. The S4 and the interface it contains are 100% Windows compatible.
    That is correct i was a windows users because i couldn't justify spending $800-$1600 on a laptop with lower specs than my current laptop just because it looked cool and all the other dj's were using it. Well I've always had latency crackle and crashes. one day a buddy was like just get a mac and get it over with. Don't let a crappy windows laptop ruin your Dj career. We'll i did it and all problems gone. I have it set to the lowest latency and it runs like a champ. Real world experience and people don't listen because it's too expensive.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    That is correct i was a windows users because i couldn't justify spending $800-$1600 on a laptop with lower specs than my current laptop just because it looked cool and all the other dj's were using it. Well I've always had latency crackle and crashes. one day a buddy was like just get a mac and get it over with. Don't let a crappy windows laptop ruin your Dj career. We'll i did it and all problems gone. I have it set to the lowest latency and it runs like a champ. Real world experience and people don't listen because it's too expensive.
    That's ummm.. not what I meant at all. Traktor, and NI audio interfaces work perfectly well with Windows. I'm running a Komplete Audio 6 on a not-particularly-fast Dell laptop, and I have zero issues. What I was saying is, instead of the OP dumping the S4's internal interface and buying something new, it'd behoove him to check out what the underlying issues might be that are causing the problem.

Tech Wizard

I've already spent months checking out what the issues may be and then trying to solve it - I thought I made this fact abundantly clear.

What I really would like to know if anyone else who had latency issues managed to solve this problem by getting an external sound-card/interface.

Because if that doesn't work then I'll have to buy a Mac which I don't want too, and it's expensive!

Tech Guru

My NI S4 worked completely fine with my Windows.

That said, you can pretty much use any sound card you want. The much cheaper solution is to just figure out what's causing your latnecy issue though.

Tech Wizard

Easier said than done. I've spent months trying to figure it out and done all the tweaks and changes others have had success with.

The next step is to try a different sound-card and then if that fails to buy a new laptop (which I don't need except for beautiful music!).

Tech Guru

How about you describe what you've tried?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast