Spec:
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    800GB HDD

OR

£580
    Intel Core 3rd Gen i5 Processor
    120GB SSD
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/ran...nityn1410.html
    Last edited by jacksoe12; 05-16-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Tech Guru

OS X vs Windows.

Spec is mute when Traktor 2.6.1 randomly doesn't work on either for unknown reasons.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

depends on what you are using it for,
    digital djing with 120gb i think you will be short, despite the sexyness off the SSD.
    i upgraded my macbook pro with a SSD, i run all the apps on the ssd and all of my ffiles are stored in the hdd

Tech Mentor

by the sounds of it that macbook is the same as mine (2009-2010), that i use for gigs and production .... it works fine, but when producing and running a load of vsts it get really really slow,

the ultra book processor is far better then the mac (its much newer)
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
    depends on what you are using it for,
    digital djing with 120gb i think you will be short, despite the sexyness off the SSD.
    i upgraded my macbook pro with a SSD, i run all the apps on the ssd and all of my ffiles are stored in the hdd
    traktor mixing and producing

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    by the sounds of it that macbook is the same as mine (2009-2010), that i use for gigs and production .... it works fine, but when producing and running a load of vsts it get really really slow,

the ultra book processor is far better then the mac (its much newer)
    do you think now having a CD drive will be an issue? I could always get an external hdd for the ultra book

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

C2D is all you need for Traktor, I use my 3yo MPB for production work as well and it's still running strong. Personally I rarely max out the CPU but I started with a celeron powered lappy so I'm used to intelligent CPU use.

What are your needs? djing? producing? gaming?

I'd buy the Apple if it's in decent shape. Never heard of that brand of netbook, and that still means something to me. If it weren't for the brand I'm not familiar with, I'd pick the i5 over the c2duo...but I'd check and see how well that machine ran audio stuff before buying.

As for the hard drive....I used to use a 64GB SSD as my only laptop, including DJing. It required me to be selective (all my stuff was on an external at home) but it worked just fine.

buy a macbook 2010 7.1 and upgrade it to 8gb ram and an SSD. Works wonders and will last me another 3 years at least.

Buy the Mac and dual boot a windows partition... Problem solved
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast