CDJ configuration to Traktor (Macbook)

Default CDJ configuration to Traktor (Macbook)

Hey guys, I am new to this site but am looking for a little help trying to set my CDJ 400's + DJM 400 with a brand new 2013 Macbook pro. Everything is physically connected (RCA cables, USB cables to CDJ's). I'm trying to combine the CDJ sound cards into one via aggregate, but all the videos/tutorials I've seen are for an older version of the macbook, (new to macbook to). Downloaded Traktor and I go to the 'setup wizard' but says I am missing TSI files and won't open. Can anyone send me screen shots of their set up of the 'preferences' section on Traktor and the audio midi setup combines the sound cards. this is doing my head in, thanks.

Tech Guru

You don't need any TSI files to use the CDJ 400s with Traktor (assuming you have the latest version).

Follow this simple guide to get them working as HID controllers:
    http://pioneer.jp/support/connect/pd...TRAKTOR_EN.pdf

Pioneer also provide an automatic aggregator so you don't have to do anything yourself:
    http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/ar...400/media.html
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Aggregating audio devices still works in the same way as older OS versions, tutorials are still valid.

Hey guys I got all it all working. My CDJ's are running with traktor now but when I go to record, it records the song that im cueing up aswell even though the cross fader is all the way across / volume level is down on the cueing track. is the only way around this by using a soundcard? I currently have numark DJ IO but not sure if its compatible with traktor

Tech Guru

Unless your Macbook has a Line Input, you'll need another sound card (Not the DJ IO) that has Line Inputs to record the output from your mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB