Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...) - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Updated: February 2016

I built a silent-subwoofer, vibrating platform (2xButtkicker LFE). I can monitor bass like no other. If I crank this up it feels like I am standing on two 18-inch subwoofers. I also have the SubPac (M1 and S1), this puts the SubPac to shame. Truly bone-rattling if needed.
    Last edited by Eugguy; 02-07-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Tech Mentor

whoa, can you explain that silent-subwoofer a little more?
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Systematik

I've always wondered, how are CDJ's even usable in that position?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    whoa, can you explain that silent-subwoofer a little more?
    The buttkickers are very powerful transducers. They have a few different models, some for gaming, some for home theater, some for performers/drummers. I built a platform that transfers anything below 50 hertz to push through the buttkicker(s). It is lifted off the ground and isolated with 2 inch rubber feet. It runs off an amp built just for pushing the higher-end buttkicker models. I have it connected to my booth out, so I can monitor bass at the appropriate setting. With in-ear monitors or headphones you literally feel as if you have an 18-inch subwoofer underneath your feet. Best news? It is completely silent. I've let a few friends try it out, and they were literally blown away at what they were "feeling". The bass you feel is tight and low, a very amazing sensation and experience when mixing. I'm surprised other dj's / producers haven't really been utilizing this technology. Hearing deep tight bass is one thing, feeling it along with hearing is a whole other experience/dimension.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetsOfHouse View Post
    I've always wondered, how are CDJ's even usable in that position?
    The CDJs are VERY usable in that position. The SpaceTek stands are tanks. Must weight 70 pounds each. They are very well built, not like some of the other replicas out there. I can push the platter all day long, and there is 0% shaking/movement. I also have an rmx-1000 attached to the column of the SpaceTek stand.

Tech Mentor

why the Serato box if the mixer is built for Serato and has USB inputs already?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    The CDJs are VERY usable in that position. The SpaceTek stands are tanks. Must weight 70 pounds each. They are very well built, not like some of the other replicas out there. I can push the platter all day long, and there is 0% shaking/movement. I also have an rmx-1000 attached to the column of the SpaceTek stand.
    I think he meant they are over the angle specified as max by the producer That that probably applies when using CD's, you could mount it upside down if you use strictly USB's/HID imho

Nice gear btw. But for me soo ugly.. "if it were a dog i'd have to shoot it" ugly
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dsquareddan View Post
    why the Serato box if the mixer is built for Serato and has USB inputs already?
    The SL4 Box allows me to use SSL.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I think he meant they are over the angle specified as max by the producer That that probably applies when using CD's, you could mount it upside down if you use strictly USB's/HID imho

Nice gear btw. But for me soo ugly.. "if it were a dog i'd have to shoot it" ugly
    , thanks lil buddy, it ain't like your collectors denon gear, that's for sure, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    , thanks lil buddy, it ain't like your collectors denon gear, that's for sure, lol!

but seriously, if you put any kind of wrap on that mp2015 [liam neeson voice on] - i will find you...and I will kill you
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast