Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...) - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Haha, thanks Danek. It's a dream setup for me, and it is a dream mixing on it. I don't know about the trade, but I can show you more pictures!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    Haha, thanks Danek. It's a dream setup for me, and it is a dream mixing on it. I don't know about the trade, but I can show you more pictures!
    It's fine I was joking

You even had installed LED lights on your 1200's? Or are they just shiny as fuck and things are reflecting on it?

Tech Mentor

They are M5G 1210s. Blue lights are standard on them. I also have a blue light installed underneath the SL3/Laptop if that is what you are curious about. A little more blue light never hurt anyone!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    They are M5G 1210s. Blue lights are standard on them. I also have a blue light installed underneath the SL3/Laptop if that is what you are curious about. A little more blue light never hurt anyone!
    Oh my bad didn't know that. Regardless they're pretty beautiful man Whole setup is great!

Tech Mentor

Thanks Danek. Blue lights/leds can be installed in standard 1200's, I didn't want to have to go through the trouble of doing it, even though it isn't a hard DIY. I actually prefer the regular 1200's due to the fact that the circuitry is analogue and not a digital pitch. Mixing with analogue is better for long blends and house since the resolution is higher. All in all I am happy with the setup. I do need to add monitors in the future. For right now I just have it hooked up to a Bose Sounddock. I don't even use that as I do 99% of mixing in my headphones. I have a few new pictures of an led system installed. Makes the whole desk and wall light up behind the setup...really gives it a lounge feel.

Tech Convert

How would you compare the Empath rotary with the Zone Rotary in terms of functional use and sound?

Tech Mentor

The empath rotary is a great mixer. The Xone92 is better. Functionally, they both do a fine job. I think the Xone has more options at the cue. The empath has a headphone eq, which I miss, but isn't a make or breaker. The sound from the xone is better to me, and probably a lot of other house djs because of the incredible headroom it offers. It is hard to make this mixer distort. Rotaries are smoother on the xone...and the filters are butter. Xone doesn't have a great send/return-effects system, although it can be implemented if needed. The empath may also win there. Empath has three channels, xone92 has four. Empath may be better for a mix of hiphop/house/quicker style blends due to the cueing system and overall smaller layout. The xone92 does house/techno/etc better imo. It is still very popular in many clubs etc from what I am seeing. So that has to mean something. I haven't really seen too many empaths in the field, however, a lot of bedroom djs love the mixer. Either mixer is a win.

I've got to ask:

Battle style turntables typically used by scratch DJ's.
    Rotary mixer typically used by house DJ's.

I've got to imagine that setup makes both options more difficult than it needs to be??
    Just curious what you mainly play.

Tech Mentor

Haha, good question RTBoston. I play pretty much 100% house now. When I played out I spun hip-hop. I've been using techs for a while, and I've tried both turntable arrangements. I think the whole battle style and house style arrangement is irrelevant IMHO. I am way more comfortable spinning in battle style anyday. Battle style is used because you have more room to touch the vinyl without hitting the needle, also close to the power & start-stop button. I guess it is what I was used to as a hiphop dj, and also aesthetically the arrangement is more pleasing to the eyes in battle position. Functionally, in the battle arrangement I have way more room to touch the vinyl, and adjusting the pitch isn't a problem. Occasionally...I still do scratch...I don't have to change anything in my setup to do so...the Xone92 has a crossfader adjust. It isn't a 56/57/707/909 etc...but it satisfies my craving to chirp out.

Amazingly nice setup. That mixer must be a joy to use..

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast