Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...)
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Cool Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...)

My humble home studio setup, updated in chronological order, first to last page.

JUNE 2014

UPDATED AUGUST 2014

Updated with skins custom created via StyleFlip.

UPDATED OCTOBER 2014

Updated with Pioneer RMX-1000's.

UPDATED MARCH 2015

Updated with Rane MP 2015

Last edited by Eugguy; 02-07-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Tech Wizard

Amazingly nice setup. That mixer must be a joy to use.. I just went the DVS route and I love it.

Tech Mentor

Nice! What are the numbers on your laptop? Been trying to work out what the pattern is for ages

Tech Mentor

A veteran house DJ I used to spin with had a chart with the same numbers. It is a system of bars that makes mixing tighter, more creative, more interesting. Rather than the standard 16-32 bar count. It was more useful with vinyl, but now everything is digital and you can loop/re-cue to your hearts content. I redesigned the original template. It is actually a sticker I created, along with the other stickers tagged along my 1210s, Xone 92. I used to rock with 25 year old technics, beat to shit. Even put a face plate on them, looked nice. But found a good deal on the 1210s. A pair for $750...tell me that ain't sweet.

beautiful

Nice. Serato and Technics ftw.
    Used Record Shopper

Looks good dude. Pretty awesome. Add a pair of CDJ's for sure. You won't regret it . How do you find the Xone:92?

Sweet! Props on the rotary mixing!

Think you could share that system of bars? I'd be very interested in that
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Mentor

Thanks man, I am looking into a pair of black CDJ-850s. I'm thinking they can be used with jump-drives. I'm a psycho OCD it comes to organizing/tagging/album art my music, so hopefully all that work can somehow be used with the CDJs. The Xone 92 is a four-channel mixer, I only use two with Serato. I know those two other channels are lonely and need music in them. The Xone is my favorite mixer hands down. I've used too many mixers, and the Xone just does it right for me. I've also used popular known rotaries, and I actually prefer the way the Xone rotary dial feels. Turning those knobs feels so thick and smooth. It is a true joy ride to mix on these. I've ridden out 3-4 minute mixes without even knowing sometimes...plus having four-eqs is amazing, and the filter combinations makes it alotta fun. Mixed in with the M5Gs, the feeling of mixing is something never felt using CDJs or Controllers.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    A veteran house DJ I used to spin with had a chart with the same numbers. It is a system of bars that makes mixing tighter, more creative, more interesting. Rather than the standard 16-32 bar count. It was more useful with vinyl, but now everything is digital and you can loop/re-cue to your hearts content. I redesigned the original template. It is actually a sticker I created, along with the other stickers tagged along my 1210s, Xone 92.
    Can you elaborate on this? You've piqued my curiosity.

Cool setup btw! dig the rotary mixer.
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast