[Tech House] Deep/Tech House set.

Default Deep/Tech House set.

So here's a deep/tech house mix I recorded yesterday. I think this is the first time I've posted a mix here. Also, first time I disabled phase meter in order to improve my beat matching skills, so expect some minor drifting haha. I also had some latency pops and glitches on a certain moment due to not turning off my wireless adapter..

The set is just simple two deck mixing whith minimal looping. Mostly mixing intros and outros. All with an S4 and X1 for some macro effects. Wasn't planned since I just recorded a practice session which came out decent IMO except for the details mentioned above.

http://www.mixcloud.com/jamardones/j...essions-vol-2/

I accept all kinds of constructive criticism!
    Last edited by The Pancaker; 05-22-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

I just listened to this. I like your track selection. The energy is good. The tempo/beat matching needs to be a lot tighter. I found the tempo's to be out in several places, not just in transitions.

When you get a chance, I also posted a mix. I would love feedback as well: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=71669

Dully noted about the tempo. I also notice it clearly and bugs me somewhat. My only excuse was the fact that I beatmatched completely by ear during the whole mix... which was kinda the first time since I always check the phase meters for corrections. Trying to practice so I can play on cdj's next time so I have to push my self a little in the matter. Thanks for your feedback!

I will give a listen to your set!
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Tech Convert

I just gave this a listen and honestly I really enjoyed it. Your track selection and mixing is quite good, with nice smooth transitions. You drift out of sync on a number of occasions, but I wouldn't be too hard on your self, mistakes happen, that's how we learn right?

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate the input on track selection and mixing which is what really matters imo.

I know I can get tight sync if I use some visual aids like phase meters, alas I'm trying not to so I'm not to worried on the matter of drifting every now and then.

I'd also like any opinions regarding a set feel energy wise.