[House] I had the opportunity of opening for the BINGO PLAYERS last Thursday!

Thumbs up I had the opportunity of opening for the BINGO PLAYERS last Thursday!

I uploaded the live recording of my set from opening for the Bingo Players last Thursday, and I truthfully believe this is the best mix/set I've ever spun.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback you could give!

MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

Tech Guru

listening now

edit: good mix yo. i personally don't like to let songs play out too much, but that's just nitpicking.
    good song choice
    Last edited by DJ Asand; 05-25-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

A bit heavy for an opening set.

Wow, this is WAY too heavy for an opening set man... I'm surprised no one from BP and/or club management came to stop you.

Tech Wizard

Not to sound too ignorant, but what do you guys mean by too heavy?? I know its a noob question.

Tech Guru

I haven't heard the mix, but what he means is that usually, the first couple of sets should be more laid back because people will be just getting in, buying drinks, etc - they won't be ready to dance.

Tech Wizard

So If I am understanding this correct its like in a club setting you are not going to play the hottest songs till later on in the night when the club is packed and people are on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by hazerj View Post
    Wow, this is WAY too heavy for an opening set man... I'm surprised no one from BP and/or club management came to stop you.
    Given that this is your very first post on DJ Techtools why not upload and share one of your own mixes that might have been more appropriate for the occasion? I'll make sure it gets maximum attention and everything
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NOFUNNICK View Post
    So If I am understanding this correct its like in a club setting you are not going to play the hottest songs till later on in the night when the club is packed and people are on the floor?
    Pretty much, yeah. There's a reason it's called a warm up set. Do note that this isn't always the case, though.

^ these days i'm not sure they're the traditional 'warm up sets'. most of the progressive/electro house shows i've been to they turn the pa system down for the opening djs so show goers feel impact of the headliner regardless.