Producers, how do I get this sound?....

Default Producers, how do I get this sound?....

song is "Georgio by Moroder" by Daft Punk

Sound im looking for is as soon at the music starts to play when he is talking, that kind of "ringing bell" synth sound (classic disco) I've looked over some vsts but cant seem to find that awesome sound. Weather its hardware or software i'd like to find that sound. Any Help?

low quality audio, just listen to it on spotify.

sound to me as some kind of organ maybe some Rhodes
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

i think he actually says what it is in the interview. its a Moog patch. at 1:13 is has a similar sound. not quite it but not to far off. you can get a free mini moog vst here http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=405 or you could drop 4 grand and buy a voyager. making the right patch is the tricky part

a few oscillators, LFOs, filters, and envelopes. Bingo bango.

It sounds like a minimoog to me.

yeah its an old synth sound. Can be achieved with quite a few different synths. Just need to toy with some piano/organ sounds. Its not that hard once you start messing around with things to learn how to recreate sounds. Aside from the Moog stuff look into the older Korg pieces.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    song is "Georgio by Moroder" by Daft Punk

Sound im looking for is as soon at the music starts to play when he is talking, that kind of "ringing bell" synth sound (classic disco) I've looked over some vsts but cant seem to find that awesome sound. Weather its hardware or software i'd like to find that sound. Any Help?

low quality audio, just listen to it on spotify.
    Uh, what?