[Tech House] Dubby Techno/Tech House Mix
    Tech Convert

Smile Dubby Techno/Tech House Mix

I recently posted a new mix that my partner and I recorded of a live session and I'm looking for some feedback/constructive criticism.

Our setup consists of 4 channels in Traktor routed to Ableton Live. Ableton hosts several vst plugins/effects (mainly Dubstation, PSP 42 and Maschine) and instrument racks using Mad Zack's soundpacks and our own productions. Controllers used for this mix consist of a Traktor S4, F1, Maschine and an iPad running Lemur.

Anyways, let me know what you think.

-Kuley
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-23-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Tech Mentor

yeah man, It sounds good but there are bits i'm not sure about it? At a techno rave I want to be hypnotised and there's loads of random voices that I think ruin the mix? Just my opinion? If I heard it at a rave i'd be like 'Yo wtf is this?' ahaha but yeah man I suppose it makes the mix comical?

Tech Convert

Thanks for taking time to listen and provide feedback! I think I understand what you're getting at, although we're not necessarily going for a strictly minimal techno mix. I personally love the challenge of slicing samples and musical bits and trying to make it work with other tracks. The mix gets a little busy at times with all the sampling and layering (heck I think we have anywhere from 3 to 6 channels going at a time), so I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next one. Yeah, it's supposed to be somewhat of a cheeky/humorous vibe

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MeetsMandy View Post
    yeah man, It sounds good but there are bits i'm not sure about it? At a techno rave I want to be hypnotised and there's loads of random voices that I think ruin the mix? Just my opinion? If I heard it at a rave i'd be like 'Yo wtf is this?' ahaha but yeah man I suppose it makes the mix comical?

Tech Convert

Here's a tracklist for those who are interested...

Howl - Dahl & Kuley / Runtime - Ramon Tapia
    Lone Ranger (Steve Parker Remix) - Pig and Dan
    Love to Dance - Umek
    Favela Riddim - Vato Gonzalez
    Hypnotizing - Bart Skils
    Dance of Shadows - Mladen Tomic
    Hevvie - Eats Everything
    Sinner Winner (Green Velvet Remix) - Felix Da Housecat
    Keep it Gully - Diplo & Swick / Make It Bun Dem -Damian Marley (Acapella)
    Bane (Ron Costa Remix) - Compact Grey

Default good work

I love it!

Tech Convert

Thank you kindly
    Quote Originally Posted by Minomal View Post
    I love it!