Nox 606 traktor setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

What do you think a beginner could construe from this paragraph on the NOX 606 page?

But unlike the DJ mixers of yesteryear, NOX Series mixers include USB connectivity so you can access your MP3 library or digitize your own creative mix, directly via your computer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

But is it possile to use nox features with traktor then? ie: crossfader

i thought by connecting the usb cable from mixer to pc that traktor could recognize some of the mixer features

and where do i learn how to map the nox functions with traktor, i dont mind of assigning every knob, but it wuld help to know how

my previous setup was still my pc/6ch soud card and a mixtrack.

sorry for my ignorance, by ive searched a bit and havent figured it out yet

nemOnic may be able to help you with this, i believe he works for Behringer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

^Product manager he is!

i figured it out

was stuck on not knowing the dif between midi controller and anolog mixer
    cheer for the help

now my battle goes to routing my soundcard channels to the proper decks
    im using a 6.1 usb soundcard
    any thoughts on how the routing should be made?

Tech Guru

The website for the NOX 606 could easily mislead a beginner into thinking it's all they need to mix their MP3 files.
    If that beginner didn't bother doing any research at all into what they were purchasing, what software they were using, and how DJing in general works. The NOX606 doesn't misrepresent in any way the capabilities of the mixer in the product page (or anywhere else).

LOTS of mixers have single channel audio interfaces in them. While your assumption might be that this is for DVS operation, that would be a false assumption. First, it's a single stereo channel in and out, which isn't suitable for DVS. Second (and more importantly), the 2 most popular DVS packages only open up DVS operation when their own hardware is connected. There are a few cases where a 3rd party product can be certified to work in the host application as well, and those cases are explicitly defined by both the hardware and software developers.

The intended use of a USB audio interface like those found on the NOX mixers would be for recording to, or playing back from a computer. This includes digitizing records, recording mix sets, playing music from a computer (as a mobile jock might do during a dinner service, or even playing mixes from a production software like Ableton Live), or connecting an iOS device.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to mention the word "analogue" at least once on the product page (or the manual!) as it turns out to be an analogue mixer. Instead, the word "digital" appears 5 times.
    I don't understand what the point would be. The fact that the mixer is either analog or digital does not IN ANY WAY increase or decrease the mixer's capabilities in relation to the software being used. There are analog mixers out there with digital audio interfaces (like the TTM57Sl), and digital mixers in the market with no audio interface at all (like the DJM-700). Both of those mixers are also capable of MIDI.

As always, this boils down to the user spending a few minutes figuring out what they want, and researching the right products to fit the bill.

Tech Guru

I think we are all now aware of what the NOX 606 is capable of. I have never assumed that the sound card is for DVS operation, and there are of course uses for sound cards beyond DVS. Like pairing with your CMD controllers for example?

The product page suggests that the NOX is capable of mixing music directly from a computer; how are you supposed to do this with 1 channel and no tempo control, or any hardware control whatsoever?
    There have been one or two users on this very forum that bought your NOX mixers, then posted asking how to get it working without owning a separate audio interface.

The fact that the mixer is analogue does not directly affect its functionality, but it is something the consumer should be aware of before buying the product. The extremely limited MIDI control of the NOX is also something that should be made clear on the product page. The Scratchworx review of the TTM57SL seems to suggest that it is in fact a digital mixer, as you'd expect from something containing a proper usable sound card and full MIDI control.

I know full well that Behringer likes to bend the facts on its product pages in an attempt to get more sales through unsuspecting buyers who may not be aware of what to look for - or in this case investigate and dig for.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

well the 606 is just a xone 92 clone after all...kind of a giveaway.

next time you buy, do some more research.
    Last edited by Era 7; 05-26-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7
    next time you buy, do some more research.
    It all boils down to that.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1
    What do you think a beginner could construe from this paragraph on the NOX 606 page?

But unlike the DJ mixers of yesteryear, NOX Series mixers include USB connectivity so you can access your MP3 library or digitize your own creative mix, directly via your computer.
    If a beginner doesn't know what "access your library", or "digitize your own creative mix" means, then they should do some more reading before spending ANY money.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast