Nox 606 traktor setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Like pairing with your CMD controllers for example?
    Why would you pair my CMD controllers with an analog mixer? This isn't a typical use case at all. You're either going to be using your software in internal mixing mode and have no mixer, or you're going to run in external mixing mode and use an external soundcard and NOT the one built into the NOX mixer (because again, the NOX audio interface is a single channel).

The product page suggests that the NOX is capable of mixing music directly from a computer; how are you supposed to do this with 1 channel and no tempo control, or any hardware control whatsoever?
    See, this is the key assumption you're making and it's completely wrong. The use of a DJ mixer assumes that you're going to attach sound sources (because that's what they've always been for). Your sound sources will have the features you're incorrectly attributing to the mixer (like tempo control, etc). You're also making the assumption that no one will ever use a DJ mixer and not beat mix. This is also incorrect. As I said before, it's commonplace for a mobile jock to use a separate app (or even a separate computer) to play back music for non-dancing portions of their gigs (like the dinner service at a wedding reception or corporate event).

There have been one or two users on this very forum that bought your NOX mixers, then posted asking how to get it working without owning a separate audio interface.
    And those users must have done absolutely no research before making that incorrect assumption. Do you think Ford has to warn their users that just because the car has cruise control does not mean that the car will drive itself?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Why would you pair my CMD controllers with an analog mixer? This isn't a typical use case at all....?
    WHAAAAAT?! You must have forgotten you're on djtechtools. We love modular controllers with analogue mixers here!

Personally, I shy away from mixers with dedicated soundcards for the portability issue, so the Nox606 would probably be perfect for me. I don't think the product page was too misleading (then again I asked about the soundcard when I was mixer shopping) considering most mixers with a built in dj'ing interface make it very clear that it is for DJing (list spec's, number of i/o's etc)

Tech Guru

WHAAAAAT?! You must have forgotten you're on djtechtools. We love modular controllers with analogue mixers and an external multi-in/out soundcard here!
    Fixed that for you.

I don't think the product page was too misleading (then again I asked about the soundcard when I was mixer shopping) considering most mixers with a built in dj'ing interface make it very clear that it is for DJing (list spec's, number of i/o's etc)
    Not only that, they make it clear that it works with a specific software bundle. As in "Traktor Certified".

I'd be happy to jam out on one of these Nox mixers. They look sweet
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah, I've always thought that. Proper EQ knobs on them and effects, would prefer it over a Xone 92 to be honest!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Wizard

What sort of beginner buys a full 4 channel with 4 band EQ mixer?

Tech Wizard

By the way, I tried the NOX606 a few times, and it's THE BEST for it's price. I mean, you can't beat it for 260€ brand new. 4 Band EQ's, FX sends and returns, onboard FX, a good layout, filters like xone 92... it's really good.

Sound quality wise it's "ok". I mean, for 260€ you can't expect that "hot" sound from an Allen Heath, but it's pretty good for it's price.

For mixers in this price range, it has better sound quality than Reloop RMX40 and Behringer DDM4000.

Midi onboard wise, it's useless.

Tech Student

hey guys,

using nox606 since 4years i think and i have searched and tested any chance to get the midi function to traktor, after loon loong nights without sleep i send a mail to behringer and they answerd me, that the midi funktion only for sending midi clock are.

and only the faders to any midiprotokoll send can!but tehy dont told me how!!!

it`s a nice analog mixer with an usb audio for record.
    we all know that this mixer in no club becomes a job, but in an homestudio and for partygigs with and for friends it's a nice one...

so keep pushing...

chris

sorry my english!!

Quote Originally Posted by gstar66 View Post
    hey guys,

using nox606 since 4years i think and i have searched and tested any chance to get the midi function to traktor, after loon loong nights without sleep i send a mail to behringer and they answerd me, that the midi funktion only for sending midi clock are.

and only the faders to any midiprotokoll send can!but tehy dont told me how!!!

it`s a nice analog mixer with an usb audio for record.
    we all know that this mixer in no club becomes a job, but in an homestudio and for partygigs with and for friends it's a nice one...

so keep pushing...

chris

sorry my english!!
    Hey gstar66,

bist du dir sicher, dass die Fader midi senden können? Dann müsste dir das ja in Traktor zum Beispiel angezeigt werden, wenn der Mixer über USB verbunden ist.
    Ich bezweifel das irgendwie. So wie ich das versteh, ist das einzige "Midi", dass der Mixer kann, die Midi Clock um andere Geräte zu synchronisieren.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123