Loudest Output Audio Interface for DJing with Traktor?
    Tech Student

Default Loudest Output Audio Interface for DJing with Traktor?

I have been looking at both the komplete audio 6 and the traktor scratch audio 6 as ill be looking into timecode in the future, but Im wondering if there is a cleaner, louder output option with a decent amount of inputs (6?) at a good price point? Or will either of the 2 do great?

Just looking for peoples opinions and experience!

audio 6 is loud as hell
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Drez Dog View Post
    I have been looking at both the komplete audio 6 and the traktor scratch audio 6 as ill be looking into timecode in the future ...? Or will either of the 2 do great.
    Keep in mind that The Komplete Audio 6 does NOT support timecode, so you might
    scratch that one from your list . Otherwise it's a great all-rounder interface for producing and DJing.

Do you have a current setup?
    Maybe looking into Traktor Scratch certified mixers might also be an option for you.
    Last edited by solger; 05-25-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by solger View Post
    Keep in mind that The Komplete Audio 6 does NOT support timecode, so you might
    scratch that one from your list . Otherwise it's a great all-rounder interface for producing and DJing.

Do you have a current setup?
    Maybe looking into Traktor Scratch certified mixers might also be an option for you.
    My current kit is a traktor s2, kontrol f1, and a cheapy mixer to boost the gains just a tad as ive found (for me atleast) the levels on the s2 are heaps low compared to other even cheaper controllers...

yeah the whole thing about the komplete not having timecode support is a bit of a deal breaker but will it be the same soundwise as the scratch??

Tech Student

I have a digital setup using Traktor s2, but ive found the output to be pretty low and lacking in depth on the s2 (compared to the Hercules 4mx which has a tank soundcard built in), so I bought a cheapy behringer mixer to try and boost the gains a bit which has worked but doesnt help with my interest in timecode...which wont be for a while but still something im looking at!

Basically Id wana get the komplete as its quiet a bit cheaper and has XLR inputs for various things but its a bit of a deal breaker if it doesnt support timecode! hmmmm scratch 6 it is by the looks of it!

The audio 6 is plenty loud. If you ever plan on timecode, that's your choice
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    The audio 6 is plenty loud. If you ever plan on timecode, that's your choice
    Woops, didnt think the first reply posted, my bad!

Thanks guys uve answered my question, scratch it is

Tech Wizard

All of NI's external cards are quite loud, even the tiny Audio 2 is quite beastly in that regard.