computer selection help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default computer selection help

im saving up for a computer and i have got screwed with some other windows so can anyone tell me if this computer is good for traktor controllorisim.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...3B&action=init
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-27-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Holy ridiculously coloured fonts, Batman!

Yeah, any of those will do fine
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Holy ridiculously coloured fonts, Batman!

Yeah, any of those will do fine
    yeah, i'm struggling to read that. also op, you should use the "link" button when pasting in websites to make it easier for people to help you. clicking a link is way easier, especially when you're on a phone.

lenovos are usually great laptops. i couldn't speak specifically on the ones you linked as i haven't use them with traktor, but they should be fine. i can tell you that i used a t61 at work for about 6 years and it was built like a tank. i dropped it (on concrete) at least twice and it didn't even leave a mark.

in fact, if i was in the market to buy a new laptop, i would strongly consider them at those "doorbuster" prices.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

The newer ThinkPads aren't as sturdy as the older IBM ones (the T/R ranges especially), but they're still top-quality laptops. All of the options on that page are i5 and i7 as well, so plenty powerful enough.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

The laptop linked is an "Ideapad" so it won't come close to the Lenovo Thinkpads in quality, never mind those by IBM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    The newer ThinkPads aren't as sturdy as the older IBM ones (the T/R ranges especially), but they're still top-quality laptops. All of the options on that page are i5 and i7 as well, so plenty powerful enough.
    that does seem to be the case when i saw a couple newer idea/thinkpads...i wouldnt want to drop one of those. the older t series were damn near indestructible though.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Wizard

What do you mean by "got screwed by some other windows"?

Are you talking about Windows the operating system screwing up?
    or a window screwed up your laptop becuase you left it on the sill and it physically broke your computer?

Tech Convert

i should have said another windows computer {hp}. thanks for the input guys

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    i can tell you that i used a t61 at work for about 6 years and it was built like a tank. i dropped it (on concrete) at least twice and it didn't even leave a mark.
    thats some tuff concrete

Any computer that max the minimum of Traktor will do as long as you get rid of all blotware that comes with it and then maybe a little tweeking.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Please use black or other colours that can be read easily with a light background in the future, otherwise we will revert them to default.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast