How to force Traktor to reanalyze
    Tech Convert

Default How to force Traktor to reanalyze

Let's imagine this scenario. I have a track named A that is imported into Traktor 2.5 library. It is too quiet, so I normalize it using some other tool. Now I right click on it in Traktor and select Analyze(Async), then press ok in the Analyze dialog pop-up...I can tell that Traktor does not re-analyze the track because it it still shows the quieter waveform. So I delete the track from the collection then re-import it. Still, when I put the track into a deck it shows the old waveform.

So this is where I need you, guys. Can somebody tell me if there is a way for force Traktor to re-analize tracks and re-create the waveform? Thanks.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Tech Convert

padi_04, one would think that it would do the trick. Just like one would thing selecting "analyze" would re-analyze. But neither is the case in my experience.

what do you use to "normalise" your tracks?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Whya re your tracks so quiet to begin with?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

You, guys, are totally focusing on the wrong part of the question. Normalization was just an example. The question applies to any sort of in-place modification of the audio data. Let's say I have a file that has 10 minutes of silence after the actual track and I want to get rid of it. But I spent half hour placing que points and don't want that work to go to waste.

<offtopic>
    But if I were to normalize an audio file, I'd use sox. It's a command-line utility that can do all kinds of neat stuff with audio files.
    </offtocpic>

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Normalize probably didn't overwrite your MP3 tag. Traktor collection save file as a backup.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Try opening the file with kid3 and strip it from all tags, then reimport to traktor. As a last resort look inside the your Traktor folder for one called "stripes". now find the subfolder that matches the original import date of that track and delete it (pointing the exact one tied to that file is a pain).
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-29-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Default The Actual Answer:

Here is the solution:

Right click on the file, choose analyze.

In the pop-up window, choose 'special'

Choose ALL the values, BPM, automatic, set beatgrid, key, gain, and most importantly- "Replace Locked Values"

The replace locked values option seems to do the trick.

Cheers - DJ5D

You can't have it both ways. You can disable the analysis in preferences. The one you are looking for is analyse track on load. You will have to manually analyse new tracks if you disable all the auto analysis options mybkexperience.
    Last edited by mildred320; 01-11-2019 at 11:59 PM.