VCI-100 FW Ver. 1.2 Mapping TSI File Optimized for Traktor Pro 2 Help Help Please...
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 FW Ver. 1.2 Mapping TSI File Optimized for Traktor Pro 2 Help Help Please...

Hi,
    First this is an amazing Forum and website with a wealth of insight and interesting reads.

Second,
    I am hoping someone can assist. I recently purchased a Vestax VCI-100 (Silver FW 1.2). I have been using the Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch but wanted to give Traktor a try. I also wanted more effects on a single controller. How can you go wrong with the VCI-100. Even though it is kind of out dated it is still a solid build controller rich with features and options. I know most of the people on this forum have updated there controller to the FW 1.4 along with the SE Layout however, I like the original layout of the VCI-100. I have no plans to upgrade its firmware. What I am looking for is a MIDI Mapping TSI file that maximizes the original (Silver) Controller and it use with Traktor Pro 2. I know that the Vestax website has a couple of TSI files you can download but they are pretty much just for your basic controls. I am hoping someone has a TSI file with added effects and looping ability built in as well. Most of the TSI Mapping files on this forum relate to the 1.4FW and the SE Overlay. I need one that utilizes the original Vestax VCI-100 Controller layout. I have also searched the web and Traktor Bible site but nothing really out there. Can someone please point me in the right direction or provide a link. I know I can try to create my own MIDI Mapping TSI file with Xtreme Mapping or Traktor itself, but I am trying to avoid this at all costs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tech Mentor

Lightbulb

You wonīt get happy with avoiding mapping at all costs!

Most of the VCI100 units are updated to FW 1.4 because of bugs in former firmwares. Your easiest way would be asking for someone nearby who has an update kit. Thereafter you can try all the fancy FX combo mappings...

All other ways around this include some mapping work.
    At first itīs a bit difficult but soon you realize itīs very logic and challenging.
    First steps can be:
    Download midi overview of FW 1.4 and find out (via Xtreme or traktor itself) what different midi notes your vci100 sends! Write em down and modify the desired mapping with your midi signals.
    Give it a try.

Found this mapping. Description says VCI100 without FW updates! https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1052

By the way: Forget about the layout, make your own workflow. You wonīt have time to read the knob descriptions while DJing.
    Last edited by c0nsul; 05-30-2013 at 01:40 PM.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Convert

Thanks for your help. Will try the TSI file you mentioned. I may just end up getting an upgrade kit and go for it....

Dan