Vestax VCI-100 FW 1.2 Mapping TSI File with Traktor Pro 2 Using Original Overlay
    Tech Convert

Default Vestax VCI-100 FW 1.2 Mapping TSI File with Traktor Pro 2 Using Original Overlay

Hi,
    First I wanted to say how amazing this Forum and Site are. There is a wealth of information and lots of interesting reads.

Second,
    I recently purchased a Vestax VCI-100 (Silver with FW 1.2). I have been a long time user of the Vestax VCI-300 with Serato but wanted to make the switch to Traktor. I wanted a solid built single controller that is rich in both features and options. How can you go wrong with the VCI-100, even though its a bit outdated, its still an awesome piece of DJ equipment. I know lots of you on this forum have been using this controller and updating to give it its ultimate potential. Lots have updated to FW 1.4 with the SE Overlay. I actually like the VCi-100 Silver original Overlay. I have no plans to update to the 1.4 FW. What I am looking for is a TSI File tested on 1.2 FW utilizing the original layout including effects and loops that works flawlessly with Traktor Pro 2. All of the Mapping TSI file I have found on this forum relate to the 1.4 FW with SE Overlay. I want TSI file that works with 1.2 FW with original Overlay including effects and loops on Traktor Pro 2. I have checked the web and Traktor Bible but cannot find anything. Can someone please point me in the right direction or provide a link. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know I can try to create my own mapping but I am trying to avoid this at all costs.

Thanks to anyone who can assist!

Tech Mentor

to my knowledge vestax have a tsi file on their website even if it says for TP1 or other software it should work with TP2 perfectly

Tech Convert

Michael133 thanks for the reply.

Yes you are correct, Vestax website does have 2 TSI files for the VCI-100 however both files only contain basic controller functions (no effects). I am looking for a similar TSI file which also includes effects and loops included in the mapping. .

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by michael133 View Post
    to my knowledge vestax have a tsi file on their website even if it says for TP1 or other software it should work with TP2 perfectly
    You sure? NI made a lot of command name and grouping changes since then.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You sure? NI made a lot of command name and grouping changes since then.
    Not totally sure no but I use the TP1.2.4 mapping reloop made for the contour without issue on TP2.6.1 and I believe I used vestaxs standard mapping with my vci100 before I updated the firmware

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Maybe they have it updated but they simply didn't rename it... First thing you wouldn't be getting using outdated mappings are jog wheel controls.