Backround music for art gallery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Backround music for art gallery.

Hi mates,
    My dad has asked me to compile a couple of hundred tracks to be played at his sculpture gallery. He's a hippy from way back so is fairly open minded as far as tracks go, so i was wondering if anyone could recommend some light jazzy/electronic stuff or anything suitable basically. i got shit loads (15 years worth) of general electronica along the lines of leftfield, faithless, orbital, that sorta thing. Any suggestions would be awesome, cheers guys. Peace
    Last edited by Jester; 09-10-2009 at 07:40 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'm digging on Daedalus for really minimal electronic jazz, IAMX has some good funk for their mellow-er stuff, Hansel has some good weird electronica, gotta dig for the stuff that isn't all blast beats and curses, but still...

yay weird art music Always check out Meat Beat Manifesto too
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Check out the Chill O
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Mentor

Depends on what he's into really,
    i always like stuff like Coltrane or Davis for backgrounds, which even works without electronic beats but maybe that's to ubiquitous in the gallery scene. If you`re into more artsy electronic stuff, check out Monolake who besides his EDM shows also does tons of sound installations and has some recorded.
    Also you could check out the Netlabel Fragment, which does minimal laid back sound with a nice touch of russian nihilism
    Last edited by derjay; 09-10-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Tech Guru

Oops sorry, check out the chill out genre in beatport. Lots of jazzy, funky music there that sounds pretty cool.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

most current .. relevant and sadly tragically potent. tel a fon tel a viv.... sigh..

Also check out: markant, electric birds, and some weirder stuff like sonic boom, morton sabotonick. I am a sculpter and a hippy and the random sounds that stuff generates reaaaaaallly makes me happy. You can make it even more random by cutting up the tracks and playing them from the clip/sequencer in ableton along with huge silences or like distorted and pitch shifted wale sounds, or chopped up and filtered bass lines. If you could find some off world DHS samples youd be liking it as well. and maybe some old BBC sound production lab recordings... wink wink wink those always develope a sense of nostalgia in gallery walkers

There was also this great label called beta bodega, (schematic sisterhood) that was putting out some nice stuff about ten years ago.
    Last edited by audiomontana; 09-10-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    all these colors all this metal all this colored mental .. is just sun.

i always look for an excuse to play some amon tobin tunes....super tastey and often on the chill side. helios is good too. and maybe stuff like mogwai and godspeed you black emperor to get on the instrumental guitar side.

Tech Wizard

I've always thought some Yesterday's New Quintet would be awesome in an art gallery.

Hey thanks for the suggestions guys. Awesome. I've been picking through some stuff today and starting to build up a bit of a list. Now i just need to find stuff with subliminal messages telling ppl to buy more statues lol.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

oh, and a lot of the stuff on the the NIN - Ghosts instrumental albums is really chill in a cool way. and dj Krush or really any of the more chill stuff off MoWax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast