Beatmatching + Low torque - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Learn to mix on these and you'll make for an excellent DJ. Keep treading this path until you can do it and everything that comes after will be like freewheeling down a big hill in the sunshine.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

All excellent suggestions. Fade in your mix when your beatmatched. Just a little later but a lot cleaner.
    Used Record Shopper

Real slipmats will make a huge difference.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

TY guys for your answers, gonna change slipmats and try paper thing if that won't help

Tech Wizard

anybody recommend a good set of slipmats?

I've got ortofon mats with a blue genie on them, and I use them for scratching. Most slipmats will work well, just pick one with a picture you like. Just don't use those rubber ones that come with turntables. They are only good as placemats
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

you can also just use furniture polish on your platters with any half decent slipmat that comes with your decks, If your into scratching the best is butter rugs, but they can be overkill if you're just mixing tunes.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Anything that minimizes the need for downward pressure on low torque decks is a good thing. The old greaseproof paper or wax paper (if you're one of them there American types) under a set of any slipmats will help a huge amount.

Funnily enough, I had a pair of 1210s a gazillion years ago when I was slimmer, younger and better looking and drum & bass was just emerging. Up until that point I had only been playing house and techno and for some reason couldn't mix d&b for love nor money. A mate of mine had the wankiest pair of budget decks on the planet that he paid a hundred and fifty quid for, along with a big spanking pile of new D&B tunes he couldn't mix at all (he could't mix anything - he still can't). For whatever reason, I found myself being able to effortlessly mix these tunes on the crappy decks in ways I couldn't do on my 1210s. You needed a very fine and light touch. You lightly glided your finger on the edge of the record to slow it down - never touched the platter. You'd use the spindle to push the record on if needed and you hoped that you never needed to go anywhere near the pitch faders...

Anyway. That's my story for the day. Now - please, someone go buy my S4. I'm broke and willing to let this gear got for silly money.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12