S4 (yellow) LED mapping
    Tech Convert

Question S4 (yellow) LED mapping

Hey all

I got my s4 for over 2 years now. Still, very satisfied of this great piece of hardware !
    I made my own tsi (midi map) a few months after I bought the S4.
    I still run the 2.0.3 version of TP2 (I am a road (wedding) DJ, so no need for sample decks and others remix-features witch came with the newer versions of the software. Also, had no problem whatsoever with the software, never let me down. I read on the NI forum there seem to be several issues considering the latest upgrades. So, I stick to 2.0.3. If it's not broken, no need to fix it for me ).

About the Kontrol S4:
    I know there are certain things that can't be done (in version 2.0.3 of TP2) like: mapping the Filter knobs and Loop size display when using a custom-made midi map.
    But also I've noticed (already noticed it 2 years ago, when I made the midi mapping) that the LOAD cue can't be set to a yellow LED on the controller ?
    Is there a way to get a yellow LED for the LOAD cue on the controller ?

(I've also noticed that in the Preferences/Traktor Kontrol S4/Jog Wheel, when I check the box (so I disable the Jog Wheel push), it doesn't effect the behavior of the jog wheel platter. It still stops when pushed, when using my own midi mapping. It does seem to work when using the Default (factory) midi map.)

Greetz
    Kristof

I suggest you upgrade anyway to the latest version as there some new features that can interest you like being able to overwrite the default mapping and still continue to use this original mapping (so you can change the filter knobs for example and still benefit from the loop length display and most of all the other features (in hid mode). The remix decks are just other options that you can use or not.

As for the load button, your question doesn't make sense: it's a white led so apart from opening the s4 to change the led itself how do you want it to be yellow? (if you talk about the load button that is close to the jogwheel - anyway all s4 leds are only one color apart from the 4 first hotcue buttons).

Same for the jogwheels option(s): they do apply to the embedded mapping, not to a custom midi mapping. Just add the commands so it works as you want using your mapping.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the response Yul.
    With the Load cue, I mean the Load Hotcue. It's colored yellow in TP2 (cue=blue, loop=green, grid=white, ...), so I was wondering if the hotcue-LED-color of the controller would also be set to yellow (as the loop-cue is green and the cue-cue is blue). In the OUT mapping you can only choose hotcue 1,2,3,4 ... green or blue but I was wondering if there is a way to work around this and make the LED turn yellow in stead of green or blue (so the color of the hotcue-LED on the controller would be the same as the hotcue in TP2).

Cheers
    Kristof

Hello again,
    ok I understand what you meant. No actually that isn't possible but the answer still apply in a sense, the hotcue buttons 1 to 4 can only be blue or green, the 4 others only orange. RGB colors on all those would have been cool and would have made sense, your question is fair.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.