XDJ-R1 "Clone"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XDJ-R1 "Clone"

Default XDJ-R1 "Clone"

I use the term "clone" in quotes because this came out two years ago, and doesn't have CD drives or wireless, but it's pretty funny nonetheless.

The thing I don't get is, how the hell did nobody notice this 2 years ago? :P

EDIT: DVS-capable too, as it's a 4-in/4-out with support for phono input from TTs as well as line level sources. And TWO USB ports!
    Last edited by mdcdesign; 06-02-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

because it's not a clone..
    It's kind of a small, phat aero without wifi.
    Also, -1000 on the old-looking-hawtin doppleganger using 128kbps mp3s in the video..
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    because it's not a clone..
    It's kind of a small, phat aero without wifi.
    Also, -1000 on the old-looking-hawtin doppleganger using 128kbps mp3s in the video..
    Ahaha yeah I had a giggle at that as well. Still, he's doing a fairly good job with the actual demo.

Looks like American Audio rebadged it as the "Versadeck" around the same time as well:

Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Ahaha yeah I had a giggle at that as well. Still, he's doing a fairly good job with the actual demo.

Looks like American Audio rebadged it as the "Versadeck" around the same time as well:

hahaha it looks the friggin same, they could at least change the colour.

"pro 2 channel analog midi controller"
    wut
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    hahaha it looks the friggin same, they could at least change the colour.

"pro 2 channel analog midi controller"
    wut
    I think that's a reference to the fact that it's kinda hybrid midi/analog, where the mixer section is analog (external mixing) even when using Traktor/VDJ, rather than MIDI.

DDJTips didn't actually bash it TOO hard: http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/12...sadeck-review/

Basically, it's a kinda "meh" controller, where it fills a particularly niche (specifically, the mobile DJs who might need to mix off a bunch of different sources) but doesn't excel in any one particularly category. They did say it was pretty sturdy though, all-metal construction which is always a good thing.

Citronic rebadged it as well haha.

Tech Guru

This is a product by a DJ equipment OEM called Hanpin. These companies have purchased and released the model with minimal changes. Pretty sure you could also find it under the Akiyama and Voxoa brands as well.

The VFD displays give it away. They've been using that display for years. Look at the Radius line of CD players for instance. Still, Hanpin generally makes good products, so that's not a knock. Just wanted to explain why several companies have the same looking product.

I think the stanton CMP800's are from the same OEM companies also because the display is similar.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    I think the stanton CMP800's are from the same OEM companies also because the display is similar.
    Yup, that's also Hanpin.

shhh don't tell mdc that reloop gear is made by hanpin aswell.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Proper sized pitch faders though... Fair play.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast