Trying to decide on an Effects unit to add to my Pioneer DDJ-SX

Default Trying to decide on an Effects unit to add to my Pioneer DDJ-SX

I've been looking at the Kaoss Pad KP3+ recently, as well as the mini kaoss pad 2 to add to my existing DDJ-SX setup with Serato DJ. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience adding one of these units to their serato DJ set up, and if they have any suggestions or recommendations on which to buy or how to set it up.

I was also looking at some of the pioneer effects unit, but was leaning more towards the kaoss pads.

Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    I've been looking at the Kaoss Pad KP3+ recently, as well as the mini kaoss pad 2 to add to my existing DDJ-SX setup with Serato DJ. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience adding one of these units to their serato DJ set up, and if they have any suggestions or recommendations on which to buy or how to set it up.

I was also looking at some of the pioneer effects unit, but was leaning more towards the kaoss pads.

Thanks for any help
    I don't personally own either piece here, but I have gotten to use a KP3+ and it is a very expressive unit for effects and leaves much to the imagination as to what you can do with it! I would certainly look at some of the videos online as they show much more than words could ever say about it!
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    I don't personally own either piece here, but I have gotten to use a KP3+ and it is a very expressive unit for effects and leaves much to the imagination as to what you can do with it! I would certainly look at some of the videos online as they show much more than words could ever say about it!
    Thanks Professor! I have watched a few demo videos of the KP3+ and am very impressed. My only wonder is if I can get away with doing a lot of the same effects on the mini KP2, and save a lot of money. I'm also quite the noob when it comes to this kind of stuff, and am not sure exactly how I would go about hooking everything up to my existing DDJ-SX setup.

I was under the impression that the KP3+ had many more effects combinations and options than the RMX-1000. I like the effect cut off that the RMX-1000 has, as well as the ability to use isolated effects (effects only on the hi's for example, or only on the mids).

For a little background, I have been honing the basic DJ skills (beat matching, EQing, song selection) for the past 7 months on my DDJ-SX, and want to take the next step with some effects. Unfortunately, Serato DJ has very few effects, and they are pretty limited in what they can do.