can anyone recommend a good flight case for a pair of CDJ-2000's + DJM-900?
    Tech Wizard

Default can anyone recommend a good flight case for a pair of CDJ-2000's + DJM-900?

just as the title says, i'm looking to get a long, coffin-case for a pair of CDJ-2000 Nexus' + DJM-900 Nexus.. something that is sturdy, durable and will protect the contents inside..

i don't need any fancy case with LED lights or gimmicks, just something that i can trust will be protective for traveling purposes, etc.. thanks!

Tech Guru

CDJ2k + 12inch mixer is a very standard size so any case manufacturer should carry it. The manufacturer you go for really depends on what country/region you're in though - Odyssey is pretty big over in the US whereas Swanflight is based in the UK.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

I'd honestly advise against a coffin. Those things weigh too much. Go with 3 cases and you'll thank yourself in the long run

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    CDJ2k + 12inch mixer is a very standard size so any case manufacturer should carry it..
    Actually the 900 is an oversized "12 inch mixer". It's technically 13 inches. Don't take for granted that it will fit in a standard 12" mixer spot, cause it may not. I almost made this mistake.

Tech Guru

The size difference is due to the cosmetic plastic panels, which can be removed from the device without affecting its operation.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Guru

The size difference is due to the cosmetic plastic panels, which can be removed from the device without affecting its operation.
    Hate it when I post something that seems that it might be viewed as me trying to "1 up" a previous poster that was merely trying to help, so I do try and pick and choose my spots and be carefull w my words. With that being said, you can absolutely remove the front panel, and that will give you more room depth wise, but theres nothing that I can see that you can remove easily, and give you more room width wise........It's a 13" mixer and that's where the issue can possibly be when trying to find a case. I think the 800 was like 12.5", but the 900 is just a big mixer

Tech Guru

It has plastic side panels that can be removed. Once you remove the side panels it becomes 12.5" wide, just like the 800. The top plate will of course stay the same, but that can sit on top of the foam sides without causing a problem.

Harbor Freight Tools sells a grinder case which perfectly fits a cdj800 when you remove the inserts. Its 35 bucks and can take a beating!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

It has plastic side panels that can be removed. Once you remove the side panels it becomes 12.5" wide, just like the 800. The top plate will of course stay the same, but that can sit on top of the foam sides without causing a problem.
    Have you ever actually done this though? You have to take off the front and sides, and there are huge holes on all sides for ish to easily fall in, the sides have plastic anchors that hold in the screws that after taking out once, don't hold the screws as well as before(granted the sides can still be kinda held in by the front cover if the anchors strip out). After all that, you still have a 13" faceplate to deal with, and a mixer that is still bigger then the standard 12" mixer. It will be almost exactly the same width as 800, but even though the 800 has been out for a long time, it still doesn't fit in every 12" mixer case. I wouldn't consider it an option for me, but yes it's possible........again to OP......keep all of this in mind when you make your decision, wish I could recommend the case I use, but it's not a coffin