Multiple Surfaces in Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Multiple Surfaces in Traktor

Hi Guys

Newb here as you can probably see, but I have tried searching.

Basicaly I've run into a problem using Multiple control surfaces with Traktor Pro -

The problem is that obv some of the controls share the same note (cc?) and so C3 on my first control surface, set to loop is fine.

But then I assign C3 on my second control surface to lets say Kill Mid and it does both!

I'm pretty sure I get round this with 'Midi Channels'

But I can't see how to assign each surface to a channel ?

Am I looking at this the right way? if so how do I assign them to channels!

Thanks in advance, Sorry if this post is in the wrong section, if so please let me know!:eek::eek::eek:

Tech Mentor

it depends on what control surface you have. Some are easier to change midi channels and some are a pain to change. If you can tell us what controllers you have we can go about giving you the right info.

You need to use a program like MidiOx or Bomes Midi Translator to change the channel on a device

yeah list what you are using and we can probably tell you if you can change the channels on either device.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Convert

Aye thanks mate, can't see the config section or channels

Using a BCD3000 + Nanopad + Nanokontrol

(only using the 3000+pad at the mo)

On windows XP btw

Grab the latest version of Trakor Pro that was just released (1.2.1) it has support for multiple TSI's running independent of one another so you don't need to change midi channels or anything like that

Tech Convert

Sorry I can't quite see that in the changelog, as my mixing computer is offline for the time being I'll probably look at alternative methods..

hey

Yeah, for the channel change, you have to change both the transmitting channel from within the device itself, and also the recieving channel for those commands within Traktor. How easy this is to do depends on the devices themselves, i'd think it shouldn't be too hard with the Korg stuff they make a lot of MIDI devices and keyboards, but not so sure about the Berry.

Other alternatives as said are to use a small translator program like the ones Bento mentioned to accomplish the same.

The new Traktor 1.2 does have support for multiple MIDI maps and would be great in this situation, but if you have any gigs coming up soon I would hold off, because most users are reporting that their current MIDI maps have needed significant reprogramming to work correctly.

k

you can change the korgs' midi channel globally using the korg editor software. i'd take a screenshot if i weren't at work, but it's really not hard to find. after changing the channel and storing the settings, you have to remap your controls in traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    after changing the channel and storing the settings, you have to remap your controls in traktor.
    Shouldnt be too hard though, just a matter of changing the channels on each of the midi assignments. More tedious work than anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast