[Dubstep] Is my drop too simple...

Default Is my drop too simple...

I am not sure what it is but I feel like my drop is kinda blah. Maybe because I'm still in create/critique mode.

Would love feedback I want to learn.

http://soundcloud.com/jermaine_holmes/last-stand

Thanks

You need to spend more time on the mixdown, but aside from that the tune is fine man. never worry about simple things like your drop. Worry more about being creative, enjoying what you create, and mixing down. Art is about having fun, not sticking to some boring as formula people make you think you must follow.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Thanks a lot. Yeah I really need a better mix which is what's making me think other things aren't working. I appreciate the feedback.

It's awesome dude! Don't worry!
    The only thing i'd change is the kick when the drop comes in, try layering some kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

I wouldn't say it was too simple at all, in fact I love the way it sort of runs straight into the drop. Often before a drop you get that brief moment of silence, but that's becoming a bit predictable.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Thanks. I am going to do the kick layering for sure. Also thanks for the drop compliment. The pause does sometimes become predictable and I am one of those ppl who just wants to get to the point sometimes haha

Tech Wizard

get a harder hitting kick and mixdown... drums are significantly over powering to the drop.. other than that.. shits nice!

Thanks. I am going to do the kick layering for sure. Also thanks for the drop compliment. The pause does sometimes become predictable and I am one of those ppl who just wants to get to the point sometimes haha

Quote Originally Posted by jermaineholmes View Post
    I liked the drop man, good work. And yes if you got some kind of TF voice in there it would only improve it further

Good Luck