DJing for 13 year old girls - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bumping this thread as the party is in a couple weeks ... in case there are any last minute suggestions (or jokes) that I better not miss Thanks for all the tips so far, as well as the comedy!
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Well I just had to do one of these on Saturday and let me tell you, it was just brutal. I mean it was miserable. These kids want to hear nothing but what's on the radio, and nothing more. When they say techno, they literally mean David Guetta and Flo Rida. Be prepared.

Why not just charge 5$ a request Gould curb most request unless they are drunk 13yo

On a more serious note check out DMC I use it almost exclusively for chart stuff and although North Americans have different taste ten across the pond it's pretty good. Also they have some like 50 to 100 disc collections that will get you right on par...

Tech Mentor

I would seriously need at least $1500 to play a gig like that. It sounds brutal. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Bumping this thread as the party is in a couple weeks ... in case there are any last minute suggestions (or jokes) that I better not miss Thanks for all the tips so far, as well as the comedy!
    The top 40 (techno) tip is one of the better ones here.

I have had the honor of DJing at one of the school parties of my eldest daughter (age group 4-12 year olds)
    the best thing I had done, was look at some of the children top 40 lists of the last two months, and see what tracks I could grab.
    (I ended up with enough tracks to double or triple the time I needed, and I even did requests through a single list.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

I played at my niece's 9th birthday party a few months ago. I just looked at the Billboard charts for the past couple of months and grabbed a bunch of that stuff.. I snuck in a few classics too, like One More Time, etc. It worked out great, and it was actually a lot of fun.

feel free to crack out the banhammer for this one, Im disgusted to even mention it. Probably going to want some Bieber in there as well.....
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    feel free to crack out the banhammer for this one, Im disgusted to even mention it. Probably going to want some Bieber in there as well.....
    At least 3-4 songs....

Oh, and you are going to want earplugs to go under your headphones. When a group of girls hears "their" song, you will understand.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

http://www.billboard.com/charts/kids-albums

Loads of Katy Perry, Nicky Minaj, One Direction, Justin Bieber and that kind of stuff. All clean versions though! Good luck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast