Advanced traktor Midi out's
    Tech Convert

Default Advanced traktor Midi out's

Hey Forumites : P

Hope all is well.

Mapping away and ran into a issue thats got me stumped.

Take a look!

Outs, I have a VU meter over for a deck over a 4 button vertical line on the 3d (top to bottom)
    Ins I have mapped the kills along the VU meter (bottom three are high/mid/low)

I want to be able to have the kill pulse red, midi note 120 when the kill is active and return to VU meter when not in use.

Im having trouble when the midi note for the VU meter passes the kill when active it overtakes the 120 note i sent and returns to VU while kill is active.

I want my VU meter led to ignore my kill led when the kill is active

any help would be great, i feel like its a modifier thing though idk
    i read through this but am having a bit of trouble grasping it, cheers!

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/

Waits for stewe to chime in....
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Chris,

I got solution for you but this would require one modifier per EQ band kill. If you're out looking to map all four deck EQ kill this mapping will require two mapping devices because a single device offer up to eight modifiers only... (NI should look into adding more)

I'll give you example for high freq kill and you should be able to repeat same setup for the rest of EQ buttons.

First thing, you'll need to make a toggling type modifier.

Modifier #1 / type=button / interaction=direct / value=1 (add modifier condition M1=0)
    duplicate command and change to
    Modifier #1 / type=button / interaction=direct / value=0 (add modifier condition M1=1)

Check little modifier slots. Value should toggle between 1 and 0 at each press.

Second, add your High EQ kill.

High kill / type=button / interaction=direct / value=1 (M1=0)
    High kill / type=button / interaction=direct / value=0 (M1=1)

EQ kill should follow your toggling modifier.

Third, add out for corresponding EQ kill and set velocity to display red color (no modifier conditions here). Duplicate this output and set your animation velocity to desired pulse rate.

Finally, go back to your VU meter output mapped to same button as EQ high kill and assign M1=0 to prevent VU meter display while EQ is activated.

Repeat this step to the rest of EQs but this time use another modifiers.

Hopefully this help. Let me know if there's something else.

Tech Convert

family-guy-stewie-pimp-white-graphic-t-shirt.jpg

>Mind Blown<
    You are a mapping pimp!
    Sounds great, I'll work it out shortly and let you know how i get on!
    cheers!

Yeah I thought this should be the easiest route to go. Not quite simple but works I like idea of having VU's on my Spectra, though I have separate layer for EQ but this is actually very nice idea.

Keep posted,

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Chris,

I got solution for you but this would require one modifier per EQ band kill. If you're out looking to map all four deck EQ kill this mapping will require two mapping devices because a single device offer up to eight modifiers only... (NI should look into adding more)
    I really wish NI would add more modifiers.... There's so much stuff I could map on my MC6000 with a few extra modifiers...
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    I really wish NI would add more modifiers.... There's so much stuff I could map on my MC6000 with a few extra modifiers...
    +1

I made that suggestion in NI forums before traktor 2.5 came out. Adding new mapping device can offer another set of eight modifiers but as I want to have multiple mapping modes in my controller my mappings end up having 7+ mapping devices and traktor take a neap every time the preferences or any mapping device are loading. Working with two big mappings like that loaded in manager makes mapping job a nightmare for editing.

Adding at least another eight mods to the already existing ones could make things a lot easier in advanced mappings world.

(not to forget more condition slots too)

Eight modifiers are pretty limiting...

Tech Convert

Rinse, wash & repeat.

thanks alot stewe that was fun and super educational for me. I learned alot. Even though i thought i had followed the direction when i ran into a few errors i went through it again and noticed i missed some specifics that made a huge difference, I thought i would share.

So Direct vs toggle, I can see that direct speaks to specific values rather than toggle, which kinda seems to randomize? Can you clarify the correct usage and why toggle would not work in the this situation? I had in this case set the EQ kills to button 'toggle' rather than button 'direct'. I found once i corrected that issue by re-reading your direction i was all good.

I also ran in to another issue regarding 'assignment' I found that not assigning it to the specific deck rather than global was alot of my issue as well. This seemed like the bigger no brainer though i can see the power that this may provide. Can you clarify a example of when i would want to use a global or device specific and what that would mean?

Lastly, im still trying to gently wrap my head around the value system, I see example of the VU, that makes the most sense to me as its broken down by decimal as part of one, ie .3, .6 etc.

When i see you use a toggling modifier, in my brain i say, Why doesnt the first command conflict with the second, as to have a command tug of war. I can see this is not the case. Though i think im still a little MIDI shell shocked, as with everything sometimes i'll be writing, having coffee, or playing the drums and BAM, MIDI epiphany.

Can you clarify a bit on how traktor doesn't get confused between the 2 in's (toggling modifier) and if 0=off 1=on is really how i should be looking at this, ie bigger picture stuff

cheers stewe, again thanks for your help.

OH crap almost forgot, so im trying to make a panic button (3eq kills 1 panic) I was trying apply the same methods you taught me with some slight tweaks but am having the VU meter disappear after i hit panic, i realized that the toggling modifier trick you taught me wouldn't work in this case and that i would need to know about something like a 'momentary modifier', Hope that makes sense!
    I was trying using different interaction modes on the modifier but it got me tired, the modifier won this battle but not the war!!

Tech Convert

So I've been up for a few hours now, mapping out decks A/B working out some kinks, I had copied this from another mapping i did and forgot i had some extra CH4 stuff in there, I went through and took that out as well, now working @ 95%

Did a little sesh, oh man, sooooo much fun. I cant wait to finish it up and get a version out to share with you guys.

Cheers!

So Direct vs toggle, I can see that direct speaks to specific values rather than toggle, which kinda seems to randomize? Can you clarify the correct usage and why toggle would not work in the this situation? I had in this case set the EQ kills to button 'toggle' rather than button 'direct'. I found once i corrected that issue by re-reading your direction i was all good.
    Toggle would work if your modifier and EQ are both starting at zero state but I suggested direct kill as I think it is better solution if EQ follow the modifier because of the randomize issue that might appear after some time playing around.

I also ran in to another issue regarding 'assignment' I found that not assigning it to the specific deck rather than global was alot of my issue as well. This seemed like the bigger no brainer though i can see the power that this may provide. Can you clarify a example of when i would want to use a global or device specific and what that would mean?
    Best example would be the Instant Grat mapping for the MIDIfighter. If you look in the TSI you'll see four device each assigned to specific deck. Basically it's easier way to create four deck mappings - add one device and map all commands you need to control transport functions for one deck, but assign all commands to deck focus target. You get the point from there.

Lastly, im still trying to gently wrap my head around the value system, I see example of the VU, that makes the most sense to me as its broken down by decimal as part of one, ie .3, .6 etc.
    I think that's because not many controllers treat output in the same way. Using decimals is easy to tune your VU display with multiple LED outputs.

When i see you use a toggling modifier, in my brain i say, Why doesnt the first command conflict with the second, as to have a command tug of war. I can see this is not the case.
    It's beauty of condition slots. Both value commands are in "discussion" with a modifier. -Hey, it's value 0 now, you should change to 1 when this guy want to hit his EQ... -He did it again ... you should get beck to 0 and pass the VU meter... (toggle type hating traktor)

Though i think im still a little MIDI shell shocked, as with everything sometimes i'll be writing, having coffee, or playing the drums and BAM, MIDI epiphany.
    I'm discovering new methods every day

Can you clarify a bit on how traktor doesn't get confused between the 2 in's (toggling modifier) and if 0=off 1=on is really how i should be looking at this, ie bigger picture stuff
    Look in conditions as a modifier programming where you determine how your modifier should play next time you press that button. For example we can make it to switch between more than two values in a row.

Modifier #1 / type=button / interaction=direct / value=1
    Modifier #1 / type=button / interaction=direct / value=2 (add modifier condition M1=1)
    Modifier #1 / type=button / interaction=direct / value=3 (add modifier condition M1=2)
    Modifier #1 / type=button / interaction=direct / value=0 (add modifier condition M1=3)

Press once (M=1), second (M=2), third (M=3), last (M=0). I call it modifier loop. I made a four beat position in traktor using four value loop and routing MIDI back to traktor to start beat phase modifier engine.

cheers stewe, again thanks for your help.

OH crap almost forgot, so im trying to make a panic button (3eq kills 1 panic) I was trying apply the same methods you taught me with some slight tweaks but am having the VU meter disappear after i hit panic, i realized that the toggling modifier trick you taught me wouldn't work in this case and that i would need to know about something like a 'momentary modifier', Hope that makes sense!
    I was trying using different interaction modes on the modifier but it got me tired, the modifier won this battle but not the war!!
    Momentary or hold type modifier.

Modifier #1 / type=button / interaction=hold / value=1

Don't forget to add Mx=0 for VU button.

So I've been up for a few hours now, mapping out decks A/B working out some kinks, I had copied this from another mapping i did and forgot i had some extra CH4 stuff in there, I went through and took that out as well, now working @ 95%

Did a little sesh, oh man, sooooo much fun. I cant wait to finish it up and get a version out to share with you guys.

Cheers!
    Good going man! Looking forwards seeing it. Sounds like nice mapping