To buy a XDJ-R1 or a pair of used CDJ 900s?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default To buy a XDJ-R1 or a pair of used CDJ 900s?

Since the XDJ-R1 release i have been considering scrapping the idea of buying a pair of used Cdj 900s for $1800 australian. Expecting the XDJ to be $1300 here on release so if im spending this much money i really need to be sure. Does anyone believe that 900 mk2 will be released this year or at all?

Lol are you even asking?
    In what condition are the 900s?

You know what? just buy them xD
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

plus you need a mixer. that makes a used CDJ 900 setup twice the price of a new XDJ-R.

If you can afford the 900s, buy them. If you can't, get the XDJ-R1. Are you in the UK? I've seen pre-ordersfor the XDJ here in US for $899 with a couple of 5% off coupons = $850. That's right around the price of one 900. Soooooo...

I already have a DJM 800 so need for a mixer, I can afford 900s just wanted to get peoples opionions on how it stacks up compared to a CDJ DJM package (other than the shitty 350 pack).

well basicly you get the same and then some more with the cdj900 + you djm800. The djm800 has the same FX as XDJ-R1 + some.
    XDJ has hotcues and sampler (How much do you need that) I mainly use hotcues for fast selection where I like to start the mix in of a song, That can be done with memorie points on CDJ900. you can link the CDJ900 with a computer and use Rekordbox from there.
    XDJ you can use with a iPad and that gives some intresting controls that are not easy or not at all on the CDJ+DJM setup.
    You could sell the DJM800 and use the money to get the XDJ you would prob not need the DJM anyway as you can add cdj/turntables to the XDJ.
    The CDJ+DJM setup takes up a lot of space and is heavy to carry around specialy if in a flight case but it's plug and play with Traktor. XDJ not so big much lighter to carry.
    I would go for XDJ personaly because of size and I need to bring my setup to most clubs/gigs.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    well basicly you get the same and then some more with the cdj900 + you djm800. The djm800 has the same FX as XDJ-R1 + some.
    XDJ has hotcues and sampler (How much do you need that) I mainly use hotcues for fast selection where I like to start the mix in of a song, That can be done with memorie points on CDJ900. you can link the CDJ900 with a computer and use Rekordbox from there.
    XDJ you can use with a iPad and that gives some intresting controls that are not easy or not at all on the CDJ+DJM setup.
    You could sell the DJM800 and use the money to get the XDJ you would prob not need the DJM anyway as you can add cdj/turntables to the XDJ.
    The CDJ+DJM setup takes up a lot of space and is heavy to carry around specialy if in a flight case but it's plug and play with Traktor. XDJ not so big much lighter to carry.
    I would go for XDJ personaly because of size and I need to bring my setup to most clubs/gigs.
    Yeah i think im still leaning towards the CDJ 900s. Purely because i start at a local club once i turn 18 having previously had residency but been put on hold due to legal reasons. Also have small festivals and events coming up that obvioulsy will have CDJs there installed like the club so i feel i need to master CDJs as i have CDJ 1000 mk3 but selling because i hate burning cds. Also looking to use the 900s for house party gigs as well and just sell up my controllers so i can practice for club at home and use them for gigs also. Was why i was asking if the XDJ comes close to replicating the feel of real cdjs and that.

Tech Guru

I don't think R1s will be very hard to transition to 900/2000s. They're so similar, main difference between software side.

If you can afford the CDJs, I'd definitely go that route. Otherwise XDJ-R1.

Tech Guru

Better buy the cdjs, and use no rekordbox, it will bug at the most critical moment.

Just take a look at rekordbox oficial forum, 95% of the threads are bug reports.

The idea behind it is awsome, but the first time I had a big bug with it I got totally disappointed.

Tech Guru

Both the XDJ R1 and CDJs use the same media. They can both read from CDs, as well as USB sticks prepared with or without Rekordbox.

Therefore the stability of Rekordbox should not be a deciding factor.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast