[Progressive House] Moody Electro/Progressive Track

Default Moody Electro/Progressive Track

DJTToolers:

I just posted a new one over the weekend, but an incredibly painful and emotional week, has left me inspired. Thank God for my music. Without it I would be going bonkers sitting by myself thinking.

I tried to make the drums sound analogue and live, and I feel like I achieved this somewhat. It sounds different, but I kind of like it. the acoustic snare adds kind of a "rock on!" feel.

I'm starting to get the grit and dirtiness to my synths that I've been looking for. As long as I continue to improve with each production, my mission is complete.

There isn't anything, or anyone I was emulating with this work. I just spit it out in a couple of days. Please enjoy, and feel free to download if you like. Any constructive feedback is welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/edgek8d/cainful-punclusion

Onwards and upwards!
    MacBook 13" OS10.8.2 / TP2.6.1 / Kontrol X1 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / KRK Rokit5's / V-Moda M100s

I like this track a lot, very chill and just sort of moves right. I like the panning details you did. However i think that "rock snare" doesnt fit. It sort of sticks out to much. Maybe try lowering the volume on it or blending it with an electronic sample. Another idea is to put a gate on it so the sound is shorter and tighter. Kind of what you do with big snare hits.

However this is just my own opinion.

Thanks for listening, and for the comments. I debated long and hard on the volume of the snare. In the end, I decided I liked it as in your face as possible.
    MacBook 13" OS10.8.2 / TP2.6.1 / Kontrol X1 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / KRK Rokit5's / V-Moda M100s