Traktor Pro 2 will not update my iTunes Library
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Pro 2 will not update my iTunes Library

As the title says, my Traktor Pro 2 will not update my iTunes library with my new music. I have tried to right click and hit "Refresh" and that does nothing. I went into the File Management (under preferences) and added my iTunes folder to the "Music Folders" and that didn't work! What am I doing wrong?

Tech Guru

What do you mean by "Traktor Pro 2 will not update my iTunes library"? Traktor should not be modifying your iTunes library and is only supposed to read from it.

Also, your iTunes library directory in Traktor settings should always point to your "iTunes Music Library.xml" file, not the folder where you keep your music.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Student

I actually have this same issue with the latest version of Traktor, it does not show anything that I have added for the last couple weeks.

Did iTunes change something in the update or did traktor break something in an update?

Tech Student

but i fixed it by changing the file to be loaded from itunes music library.xml to itunes library.xml

Tech Convert

Like I updated my iTunes library and when I go to the iTunes category on my Traktor browser and the library isn't updated in Traktor.

Tech Guru

Did you point the iTunes library setting in Traktor to your iTunes Music Library.xml file?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

It still has my old music in it, it's just my BRAND NEW stuff that won't show up. I'm not sure where to find the file you are talking about. I go into my iTunes folder and it's not there.

Tech Convert

Nevermind actually about not being able to find it. I found the file you listed, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Schalenberg

Holy thread revival. Having this same issue. I have the correct itunes directory bridged to traktor, but it hasn't updated any of my recent stuff (about 2 weeks of music). Any pointers?

Schalenberg

Bump for a solution to this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast