Disclosure going wireless
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Disclosure going wireless

You would think that by now, they'd at least try to make it look convincing

aghh why do they do this??? is there not someone in their whole organization who says..... "hey we better at least plug this crap in, just in case" i mean cmon people!! like $20 in rca cables will save you a whole lot of trouble!!

haha for what kind of event was this?

I mean for a lot of these short public 5 minute media/tv things where they play one track or two it is all for show anyway and the organizers dont really give them a choice. It's not like you can really do much of anything except press play for those types of things anyway.

I don't really see anything to get that worked up over if that's the case. If it was a real club or festival type gig then that's unforgivable but that's not what it looks like.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 06-09-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Tech Guru

No matter how big I became, or how much they were paying me, I would absolutely insist on all my equipment being plugged in, just so forums like this wouldn't besmirch my name
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Oh dear Oh dear. However, i will say for them that they were very good at Field day down in london a few weeks ago. I didn't know they used a live drum pad and bass guitar. Though i couldn't see if they were actually using them as i was near the back. Still a good show though.

And anyway, they'd be playing to the masses, and the masses don't care.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Well, those boys probably never heard of this forum and they're having a No. 1 hit in the UK right now ($$$), so I think they don't give a F! And they make up for it by playing LIVE.

Anyone see them playing live? While I don't like the way they're taking opposed to a couple of years ago (musically), I have a weak spot for such a gifted live PA.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

I'd just flat out refuse, they already have number hits they don't really need this shit anyway

In case anyone was wondering what was actually going on here, this same image was posted by the "I Love Bass Music" page on facebook (link here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater)

Disclosure commented this:

Quote Originally Posted by Disclosure
    Hello I Love Bass Music and everyone who is talking about this photo... so. here is how and why this happened. Capital FM made us do this show with a backing track playing but allowed the vocalists to sing. They said that they had to trigger the tracks themselves to sync visuals. We pleaded with them for weeks and weeks to let us play fully live or at least let us mix but they just weren't having it. You will also notice this was the same for a lot of the dance acts playing that day (i.e. the duke dumont pic you posted)

It was incredibly frustrating and horrible for us to hear our music at Wembley and not actually be able to play it ourselves, as anyone with any knowledge about disclosure knows that we play fully live seen here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THeSe3XqObQ AND can mix...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTAhk7FXb-I

Notice also that we didnt try and make it look like we were mixing. We left the fucking plug on the floor on purpose, didnt even plug phono leads into the master out, turned all the EQs fully down and the master out AND DIDNT EVEN TAKE HEADPHONES for god sake!! LOL if at any point we touched the mixer it was...well, you try standing infront of 80,000 people and not touching the mixer... go on... its really hard hahaha!

I would also like to point out that people like David Guetta ect who have also been accused of pretending to mix, actually try and cover it up and pretend to blend tracks into one another and hide it... but with us, we played three songs with vocalists b2b with gaps in between, so even if we had been mixing, there would have been no beat matching involved anyway + we didnt try and hide it at all!!

But yeah it was a very strange experience and one we will not be going through again. Capital have been amazing to us and they play our songs roughly 400 times a week across their various networks and we wanted to thank them for all the support.

Guy x

Well that explains it^

Next time bring a Keytar so we really know you don't care.

Horrible attempt to cover this:

Last edited by loverocket; 06-10-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Tech Wizard

Disclosure could throw the CDJs for all I care and I'd still buy their music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast