DDJ-SX broke down on me, what do i do now? (pioneer support in europe questions)

Default DDJ-SX broke down on me, what do i do now? (pioneer support in europe questions)

So it has come to this.
    2 months after purchasing it, my ddj-sx is broken.
    Nothing severe, but enought to deter me from mixing with it.
    The cue buttons on the right deck (especially the 4 near the cue/play buttons) started behaving abnormally a couple of weeks ago, but i just thought it was a sw/fw problem. Turns out that tapping on the metallic faceplate above the cue button has the same result, that is, getting the track to play without having pressed the play button.

This makes cue juggling nearly impossible as it's unpredictable when the track will start (behaving like stutter play) or when it will just play for the time the button stays pressed.
    I made a video about it here:

Now, this summer i had some big stuff planned for our duo, stuff that simply cannot be accomplished without the ddj (we have a hercules craptastic piece of plastic as second/fx controller), so my question is: How much time does it usually take for a pioneer certified shop (note, not pio official shop, just official reseller) to send the unit in for repairs and to have it back? I live in an eastern european country, so i'm looking for some european feedback here

Thank you very much!
    P.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

I don't know about Pioneer support, but it looks like your button is sticking underneath, hence why when you press play it continues to play then when you press it again it stops then.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I don't know about Pioneer support, but it looks like your button is sticking underneath, hence why when you press play it continues to play then when you press it again it stops then.
    I'm sure it's a hardware issue since when i press the metal on top of the cue button, the same thing happens.
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Looks like you're having quite a bit of fun there! :P

No clue.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I'm sure it's a hardware issue since when i press the metal on top of the cue button, the same thing happens.
    Well if the internals are similar to the CDJ, then the circuit board could have shifted. This happened to the DVJs at the club I work at, and they did the same where you could press CUE by pressing the plastic below it and also the play button sometimes acted as CUE.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

D# Fat for the win

Might want to be a bit more gentle with the next bit of gear you get though
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    D# Fat for the win

Might want to be a bit more gentle with the next bit of gear you get though
    Amazing track isn't it! I use the hotcues to make transitions between 128/100bpm , dfat is amazing because i can create a very moonbathon-y rhytm with it.

I am VERY gentle with my gear, believe me. I know people who continuously mash their xfader like if it was made of titanium or something.. The only reason i mashed the cue button there is to demonstrate that it works flawlessly, and i mashed the leftside hotcues to show that this doesn't happen even when i press hard on them.

My ddj has never received any bumps, never fell, and when i'm not using it i'm ALWAYS placing it back inside its box..
    Last edited by Polygon; 06-10-2013 at 02:23 AM.

One more thing: if the track starts when a cue pad is pressed (which it shouldn't) it usually stops about 5-6 seconds, and this is sometimes followed by a 5-second silence, after which the track starts by itself for a split-second.
    This leads me to believe that it must be a combined hardware/firmware problem...