ZOMO MC-1000 or Traktor Audio sound card?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ZOMO MC-1000 or Traktor Audio sound card?

So i found out that the ZOMO has a built in sound card.. If i want to use my DJM 800 & Traktor X1 with traktor, would the ZOMO act as not only an additional 2 decks but also as a equilivent sound card to the Traktor Audio 4-10?

Tech Guru

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxsis View Post
    So i found out that the ZOMO has a built in sound card.. If i want to use my DJM 800 & Traktor X1 with traktor, would the ZOMO act as not only an additional 2 decks but also as a equilivent sound card to the Traktor Audio 4-10?
    If you just want OUTPUTS, then the Zomo is a great solution. The Audio 4-10s add an equivalent number of inputs as well, which is useful if you want to use timecode vinyl/CDs etc. If you're using a fully digital setup (either MIDI or HID), then the Zomo would be the better option. Like you said, it gives you two additional decks AND a 4-deck (8 channel) audio interface
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    If you just want OUTPUTS, then the Zomo is a great solution. The Audio 4-10s add an equivalent number of inputs as well, which is useful if you want to use timecode vinyl/CDs etc. If you're using a fully digital setup (either MIDI or HID), then the Zomo would be the better option. Like you said, it gives you two additional decks AND a 4-deck (8 channel) audio interface
    I wont be using timecode the ideal setup for me was going to be the DJM 800, x2 X1, Macbook & a Traktor Audio sound card. however, i currently only own a DJM 800, X1 and a macbook. Basically the ZOMO would kill 2 birds with 1 stone in sense as it is an alternative to the X1 and the soundcard is decent & i would only need 4 outputs for this setup, correct?

I use mine with my djm850 so cannot comment on the quality of the soundcard but as a bolt on controller for a 4 channel mixer with soundcard built in it really ticks all the boxes. Great bit of kit and it gives you 4 deck control

Quote Originally Posted by Crem Brule View Post
    I use mine with my djm850 so cannot comment on the quality of the soundcard but as a bolt on controller for a 4 channel mixer with soundcard built in it really ticks all the boxes. Great bit of kit and it gives you 4 deck control
    The only thing that pisses me off about it is 3 cue points... i want 8

Tech Guru

The lack of inputs means you can't record mixes, unless your Macbook is an older version with Line In. Also the X1 has quite a few more buttons than the Zomo.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The lack of inputs means you can't record mixes, unless your Macbook is an older version with Line In. Also the X1 has quite a few more buttons than the Zomo.
    I can record out from the mixer back into the macbook if i wanted to using a RCA - headphone jack plug and switiching my mac preferences to headphone jack as input. My situation is this, buy another new X1 & a second hand 4 output sound card (Traktor audio 8 & 10 are the only ones?) or buy a new ZOMO which can be used for both.

Option 1: Approx. $480 Option 2 : $300

I rate the X1 better than the ZOMO put with this option i would be spending an additional $180.. is it worth it? i could just use the ZOMO for decks 3 & 4 and as a sound card, or even sell my X1 to cover most of that cost.

Tech Guru

Oh geez. Is a Zomo really going to cost you that much?

I cna pick up a Zomo here in the states for ~200 including the mount kit.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Oh geez. Is a Zomo really going to cost you that much?

I cna pick up a Zomo here in the states for ~200 including the mount kit.
    Yeah it is, cant buy it in Australia only option is ebay with Buy it now $240 + 60 postage.. could get a used X1 & soundcard for $380 or less so that might be a better option

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast