FL Studio 9 released !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FL Studio 9 released !

Good news, image line just released FL studio 9

More info here:
    http://flstudio.image-line.com/documents/whatsnew.html

Full list of updates here:
    http://flstudio.image-line.com/documents/history.html

What i particularly like is that multithreading has been greatly improved so now (atleast in theory) FL should start running better when i am going crazy with CPU intensive synthesis and effects.

I really love the workflow in FL, its just been so much of a CPU whore that it can kinda kill ones creativity having to constantly bounce everything down to WAV's constantly to free up CPU.

Awesomeness incarnate Cant wait to put this though its paces !
    Last edited by BentoSan; 09-13-2009 at 01:38 AM.

i tried to dl the demo the other night but had trouble with the links etc. seems to be going ok now dude. cant wait to have a jam on it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Had a play with FL earlier today and i am quite pleased with the CPU usage. I loaded up a project that was previously chewing up a hell of alot of of CPU and was causing all manors of CPU overload glitching - it ran without a single glitch and about 20%+ less CPU usage, very pleased with this new release !

Haven't had time to have a really good play with it yet but hope to have some time in the next day or so. whole bunch of new standard synths and such i see.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I'll stick with my FL 7. Really. I feel like anytime I ever upgrade software there's some new component that I don't really understand and it cramps my game.

I'll give the demo a shot tho
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    I'll stick with my FL 7. Really. I feel like anytime I ever upgrade software there's some new component that I don't really understand and it cramps my game.

I'll give the demo a shot tho
    Its worth the upgrade, there isnt any huge workflow changes that i have seen yet that will blow your game. I haven't done a extended crash testing but my first impressions are that its worth the upgrade

Tech Guru

@Bento
    Nice news!
    I've really liked the FL Studio 8 interface.
    It's was the easiest and the funnier way of a newbie (like me) start producting any music.
    It seems that we have a lot of Psytrance making tutorials of it at the web too, and it's my favourite style.

@JesterNZDJ
    Sorry to ask, but I see you have a psytrance group at soundcloud, you use FL Studio and are a old school DJTT reader/user, can you please talk more about how is your workflow to produce psytrance with FLStudio? What stuff do you use (synths, apps, ...)
    Do you make any remixes? I want to start remixing some music, but I dont know how to cut the vocal from the rest of music and these basic stuffs...
    thanks in advance

Hey Hoff yes we have a group on soundcloud mate. A lot of original tunes have been appearing on it in the last few weeks and i have had to get help with moderating it as we are getting about 6 or so tracks/mixes a day to sort out.
    As far as producing music goes, to be honest i haven't made any tracks for some time but have a lot of nice toys waiting to be used again. For Psytrance well there are a lot of cool synths you can use but the ones we have been using lately are reFx Nexus, Vanguard and Slayer2. I really like nexus actually, the sounds are awesome and its quite easy to learn. Very big though, the basic install is 3+ GB and the expansions are over 500MB each.
    Also some small ones like Rob Papen's Albino 3 makes some cool psy type sounds. But when in doubt, just use lots of distortion and echo on a 303 and you are set
    I used to use FL7 to make tracks so am 2 versions behind i guess.
    Have a look on YouTube, there are a few FL Studio specific channels on there with some good tutorials about stuff like cutting vocals etc.
    Can't wait to get back in to it, FL9's release has inspired me.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Jester; 09-14-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I really love the workflow in FL, its just been so much of a CPU whore that it can kinda kill ones creativity having to constantly bounce everything down to WAV's constantly to free up CPU.

Saaame here that's why i had to put FL on the side lines...

you basically have to make a wave of your progress to continue working...
    then later to improve the wave to go with newly recorded/edited edditions
    have to go back to a previously saved version of the track and eventually
    your juggling 30 alternative FL studio project files for the same damn song..

huge up's on multithreading!

I have been using Fl9 for the past week and love it.

Since my PC is not a duo core I always did have trouble with it being a CPU whore and it seems as though its handling thngs allot better now.

As well there are a few neat tresures I have been discovering
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast